Russian arrested for allegedly attempted rape

Thaivisa News

Pattaya, Chon Buri:- A Russian tourist was arrested early Tuesday after he allegedly attempted to rape a bar girl.

Police said the Thai woman fought back and injured Anprey Igivatyer, 50, with a rock before she ran for help.

Pol Lt Jakkrit Jantakham, an interrogator on duty of Pattaya police station, said he was alerted of the alleged attempted rape at 1:50 am. He was informed that the incident happened behind the Kor Charoenyont Co Ltd on the Third Pattaya Road in Tambon Nongplue in Bang Lamung district.

Jakkrit rushed to the scene with a team of policemen. The area was dark with a bush nearby. Police found the 30-year-old woman, whose name was withheld, with bruises all over her body. Her clothes also had blood stains.

She told police that she worked as a beer bar on the Second Pattaya Road. She said a Russian tourist, who appeared to be around 40 years old, came to drink until the shop closed.

She said the tourist who appeared drunk asked her to join him for a party so she agreed to follow him.

But when the two were walking past the spot, the tourist grabbed her and tried to pull her into a remote spot.

She said the tourist also harmed her and tried to rape her. She fought back and grabbed a rock and threw at his head and she ran to call for help.

People in the neighborhood heard her calls and came out to help and alerted police.

Police searched and found the Russian hiding in the bush. Rescuers performed a first aid for his head injury and took him to the Pattaya police station.

The man denied he tried to rape the bar girl.

'She said the tourist who appeared drunk asked her to join him for a party so she agreed to follow him.'

Stupid duck expected the quality tourist to pay for her services, when he did not it's rape, yeah right coffee1.gif

Edited by Mcffee
  • Like 2

Russian accused of attempted sexual assault of Pattaya Bar Worker

russian-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Tuesday, Police were called to Pattaya Third Road close to woodland to assist a 30 year old female bar worker who claimed she had just been dragged into woodland by a Russian who attempted to sexually assault her.

The Russian, Mr. Andrey Igvatyer aged 50, had sustained injuries which required hospital treatment, which were reportedly caused by the bar worker who claims to have defended herself by striking the Russian with a rock as he attempted to sexually assault her.

The bar worker, who cannot be named, told Police that she met the Russian in a bar she works at on Pattaya Second Road and he invited her to spend the night with him.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/179722/russian-accused-of-attempted-sexual-assault-of-pattaya-bar-worker/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-04-01

So I would guess that before they left the bar together he would have paid the bar fine and they entered into a contract of sorts. This is probably after she had been flirty and arousing him for an hour or so. The guy may have thought the bar fine was all he had to pay and when he refused to pay again the girl may have become pissed off. Cry rape to avoid the assault charges. Not saying this is what happened before everyone jumps on me.

• Like 1

So what if anything has been proven here? The hooker alleged he tried to rape her? Let's see her support this allegation before passing judgement on the Russian.

In a not to distant universe had he taken her back to her hotel suite on the 15th floor it is more than likely he would have committed suicide had he been unwilling or able to pay for her services. Just saying

• Like 1

'She said the tourist who appeared drunk asked her to join him for a party so she agreed to follow him.'

Stupid duck expected the quality tourist to pay for her services, when he did not it's rape, yeah right coffee1.gif

Sure was in this case, and who's the "stupid duck"?

So I would guess that before they left the bar together he would have paid the bar fine and they entered into a contract of sorts. This is probably after she had been flirty and arousing him for an hour or so. The guy may have thought the bar fine was all he had to pay and when he refused to pay again the girl may have become pissed off. Cry rape to avoid the assault charges. Not saying this is what happened before everyone jumps on me.

You should be jumped on, with a rock, because that is exactly what you did suggest happened.

"I would guess..." "...probably..." but "[i'm] not saying this is what happened..."

Huh? Certainly sounds liking blaming the victim (NB the evidence that she was assaulted). Of course, "I'm not saying" that's what you're doing...

"I would guess..." "...probably..." but "[i'm] not saying this is what happened..."

Huh? Certainly sounds liking blaming the victim (NB the evidence that she was assaulted). Of course, "I'm not saying" that's what you're doing...

when I say guess, I was refering to the bar fine alone. My appologies to those offended.

I suspect we will never know the facts, and a financial settlement will be made.

Like all of you out there I do not know the facts, but I find it odd that the girl cannot be named and the guy is named and photographed for the world to see

68% of prostitutes say they have been raped at one time or another. Rape is not a sexual act it is about violent control. A Rapist gets his jollies from terrorising and assaulting his victim. I wasn't there but if the victim needed hospital treatment and the suspect had a wound to his head which she said she inflicted I'd be inclined to believe her story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_against_prostitutes

• Like 1

In more than 20 years this is the first I have heard of a bar girl that has been nearly raped, so I am dubious at best. I am sure many blokes don't pay for 'services' but the girl doesn't cry rape. Very unlikely that this drunken ass tried to rape her, especially considering she got the better of him. I assume he will have to pay her off.

He waited until closing time, I assume to avoid paying the bar fine...

Did not get to his place before being pushed onto some wasteland, if she did not want sex there she has every right to refuse, this is not about a woman who who cries rape when not paid, this was a woman who changed her mind, and said NO, she had every right too and he assaulted her, she hit back.

• Like 1

He waited until closing time, I assume to avoid paying the bar fine...

Did not get to his place before being pushed onto some wasteland, if she did not want sex there she has every right to refuse, this is not about a woman who who cries rape when not paid, this was a woman who changed her mind, and said NO, she had every right too and he assaulted her, she hit back.

"this is not about a woman who who cries rape when not paid, this was a woman who changed her mind, and said NO, she had every right too and he assaulted her, she hit back."

Do you know her? coffee1.gif

Edited by JoeLing

We will never know the true story but a girl working in a bar who barfines men for sex, if this is what she does, makes her story a little fishy. Also, a John who pays hookers makes me think twice.... Both need to rethink the direction in life they are heading and the risks involved.

"The pair left the bar and walked up to Pattaya Third Road. When they arrived at the area of woodland, she alleges Mr. Igvatyer pulled her into bushes and made attempts to sexually assault her."

Sounds like he bar fined her and they were heading back to his place for sex. Why would he not wait ? Was he that horny that he needed it now and in the bushes instead of in his bed ? Sounds very fishy to me ....

I suspect we will never know the facts, and a financial settlement will be made.

Like all of you out there I do not know the facts, but I find it odd that the girl cannot be named and the guy is named and photographed for the world to see

It is normal not to name the victims of rape/attempted rape. Victims suffer severe psychological trauma and shame, blaming themselves for being raped and somehow encouraging the offender. Naming them can at times greatly intensify this trauma as they may see themselves being judged by society as something cheap and the cause of the sexual violence.