Gigabyte MBs now in the lead

JSixpack

GIGABYTE passes ASUS, becomes the leading motherboard vendor

GIGABYTE has become the world's largest motherboard vendor, taking the crown from ASUS.
The motherboard wars are firing up again right before Computex, with GIGABYTE overtaking ASUS to become the world's largest motherboard vendor, according to the latest preliminary shipment figures, reports Digitimes.
--http://www.tweaktown.com/news/44382/gigabyte-passes-asus-becomes-leading-motherboard-vendor/index.html

Some discussion here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/339933-gigabyte-dethrone-asus-in-sales-of-motherboard/

I always liked both brands of mobo. Asus builds a lot more than mobos including laptops.

I often found one of those brands to be the best value in features for a mobo when building a box. I never had a problem with either whether building for AMD or Intel cpu's.

The terms 'leading' and 'largest' seem to be freely interchangeable here but do not mean the same thing. I am with NeverSure on the comparable product quality but regardless if GIGABYTE are shifting more mobo's than ASUS, I would say the latter still has the technological edge... for now.

Leading a dying market - I'm still not buying shares tongue.png

Worldwide-Smart-Connected-Device-Forecas

I would not say its dying ... its shrinking there will always be PC's needed. You cant work behind a tablet.

Can you please eleborate on why not?

I'm sitting here typing off a tablet connected to a 20' inch monitor and other peripherals.

Leading a dying market - I'm still not buying shares tongue.png

Worldwide-Smart-Connected-Device-Forecas

I would not say its dying ... its shrinking there will always be PC's needed. You cant work behind a tablet.

Can you please eleborate on why not?

I'm sitting here typing off a tablet connected to a 20' inch monitor and other peripherals.

Because for much office work and anything that needs some power a PC is used. Just look at offices all around the world. I have seen the Microsoft tablets they are nice.. but still not as powerful as a PC for the same amount of money.

I believe Macs use customised Gigabyte boards in their computers. Could be one of the reasons why they are now leading.

I always stuck with Asus over the years but last year switched to Gigabyte as I wanted to install OSX Mavericks on it.

Works straight out of the box with no sudo mods or kext fiddling, using TonyMacs Multibeast.

Edited by rhythmworx

I believe Macs use customised Gigabyte boards in their computers.

I believe not, LOL smile.png

What's next? Microsoft secretly makes OS X for Apple?

LG secretly make iPhones for them?

LOL :D

Edited by IMHO