Traffic on 20th April

JaiLai

no question that northbound may be better or even worse than on the 15th but for sure southbound on the 12th will not improve nor worsen. The afternoon on the rainy 15th will be quite clear, despite the recorded haze & smog.

Eastbound might be OK in the mornings of most weekdays but most probably not. Westbound monitored on the 16th will have improved by the 19th

Hope this helps with your planning

You're welcome

The traffic is chaotic all of the time in Pattaya especially with the latest stopping up of Sukhumvit road at the top of Pattaya Klang and Soi Siam Country club road to make way for the building of the underpass.

If it rains hard during this period you can expect a complete deadlock as happened last week when it took me and the the Boss one and a half hours to get home to mabrachan area from Big C Carrefour Pattaya in our truck

Because of the many Issan workers who work in Pattaya but go home every year to Issan where Songkran is held on the 13th of the month the roads North will be very busy from the 9th/10th of April.

The following weekend the roads going South from the North and North east will be chaotic as most of this traffic returns in time for the Pattaya Songkran, making Pattaya once again a massive car park

Pattaya itself maybe be actually a little quieter on the roads in the week preceding the 19th but with the bypass chaos you will never notice that difference.

Another point to consider is that on a friday afternoon and evenings the roads will become worse because of the influx of the weekly Bangkokian party goers who in themselves can be responsible for Sukhumvit becoming another giant car park especially from Pattaya north road upto the 7 motorway

I would think much better than on the 19th.

Yes, on Sunday morning 19th there will likely be significant traffic out of Pattaya (weekend and last remainders of Songkran over).

19th is the last day of the madness named "Pattaya Songkran".

No idea about inbound traffic. Guess not exceptional?

Monday, 20th: the "normal" weekday chaos.

Much depending on travel times.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I have come back to Pattaya from Bangkok for the last 7 or 8 years on the 20th and have not experienced any problems.

I think most people are thoroughly sick of Songkran after the Pattaya chaos on the 19th, so things are pretty much back to normal.

Sunday the 19th is the big day...

Expect a big exodus Sunday evening/night, many would have been down for the weekend and will be heading home in time for work on Monday.

Edited by Basil B