Phuket ready for the Seven Days of Danger

Lite Beer

Phuket ready for the Seven Days of Danger

Nattapat Tuarob

1428558526_1-org.jpg

Governor Nisit has laid out the island's plans for the Seven Days of Danger'.

PHUKET: Phuket police have beed to told to strictly enforce all laws during the ʻSeven Days of Danger̕ which officialy begins today (April 9).

Speaking at a Governor Meets Press meeting held on Tuesday (April 7) Governor Nisit Jansomwong said, “During the ʻSeven Days of Danger̕̕ (April 9 – 15) police will strictly enforce the law, especially for those who run red lights. This is dangerous, and those who break this law will be arrested and fined.”

He also stated that everyday throughout the ʻSeven Days of Danger̕ a meeting will be held at the Provincial Hall where government officers will monitor and find solutions to any problems which may arise.

“This year we have nine venues to play Songkran. No alcohol must be sold or drunk at these venues as per the Cabinet resolution.

“On April 15 when the ʻSeven Day of danger̕ ends we will summarise the situation”, said Gov Nisit.

He also stressed that there will be no fireworks or Chinese lanterns during Songkran as it is a government policy, and that he doesn̕t want tourists to be taken advantage of with things such as overpriced transport.

The Governor concluded by saying, “I have my own goals; there will be no deaths, no accidents on any Phuket hill, no running of red lights, and no selfie taking while driving.”

Theerayuth Prasertpol, director of the Transport Department said, “The Transport Department Office will have free vehicle checks for cars and motorcycles from April 9 to 15.

“Honda, Mazda, and Toyota will be sending mechanics to be stationed at the office every day.

Those who own Toyotas will receive 20-25 per cent off all spare parts.

“Motorcyclcles can be checked free of charge too and distilled water, engine oil and light bulbs will be replaced for free.”

He went on to say that bus drivers will be checked for alcohol and drugs.

“If they test positive we will hold them,” he said.

He also said that it is expected that up to 5,000 people per day will be using buses and that extra buses will be added to each route, especially going to Bangkok and Hat Yai.

“Buses will also be checked at the Thachatchai checkpoint and we will tell the drivers of any harzardous points in Phuket,” he concluded.

Gov Nisit added that every bus operator must have replacement buses and drivers in case of any accidents to ensure that travellers are not disrupted.

Pol Col Tassanai Ora-Rikkadech, Director of the General Staff Division of Phuket Provincial Police Station said “We will divide our responsibility into two parts, prevention and accident reduction. We will set up 10 checkpoints and 14 slow down points as it is Commander Pol Maj Gen Pachara Boonyasith̕s aim to have zero deaths.

“We will check suspect vehicles, and if they don't have licence plates they will be arrested.

“There will be a police operation centre in each play zone and we will team up with the Explosive Ordnance Disposal units to check far any suspicious items in these areas.

“There will also be a ʻLeave the House with the Police̕ project, and we will take the best care of it,” he concluded.

In addition, Public Health officers will be positioned at all of the important zones and if there is an emergency an abulance will reach the incident within eight minutes. However, if there is heavy traffic then it may take bewteen 10-15 minutes.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-ready-for-the-seven-days-of-danger-51799.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-04-09

The Governor concluded by saying, “I have my own goals; there will be no deaths, no accidents on any Phuket hill, no running of red lights, and no selfie taking while driving.” - A goal should be something that can actually be measured and attained. Until they deal with the root cause of automobile deaths, they will continue to have an extremely high death rate. Booze, (seat) belts, distracted driving and intersection enforcement would reduce these deaths greatly.

“Motorcyclcles can be checked free of charge too and distilled water, engine oil and light bulbs will be replaced for free.” - And free oil changes for motorcycles?

The Governor concluded by saying, “I have my own goals; there will be no deaths, no accidents on any Phuket hill, no running of red lights, and no selfie taking while driving.” - A goal should be something that can actually be measured and attained. Until they deal with the root cause of automobile deaths, they will continue to have an extremely high death rate. Booze, (seat) belts, distracted driving and intersection enforcement would reduce these deaths greatly.

“Motorcyclcles can be checked free of charge too and distilled water, engine oil and light bulbs will be replaced for free.” - And free oil changes for motorcycles?

i mean if i want to use seatbelt it's up to me, if i have a accident i will only hurt my self, not my neighboor, same with helmet, only my self will get hurt, it the prinscipe off personal resoponsibilty, my body my choice, but offcourse it is smart to use seatbelt and helmet.

who the <removed> want to live in a nannystate where the goverment want control your body ?