Over Bt7 bn in tourist revenue during Songkran Festival

webfact

Over Bt7 bn in tourist revenue
THE NATION

30258020-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- MORE than 470,000 foreign tourists visited Thailand during the Songkran Festival, generating over Bt7.5 billion in revenue, Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha said yesterday.

He said the number of tourist arrivals increased 39 per cent compared with the same period last year. The prime minister also praised everyone for working together to act as good hosts in welcoming the visitors, deputy government spokesman Maj-General Sansern Kaewkamnerd said yesterday.

"He said kind and friendly hospitality, as well as beautiful culture, are the main charms that attract visitors," the spokesman said.

The estimated revenue of Bt7.5 billion earned from the visitors during the Songkran period will benefit different areas throughout the country, not just the tourism sector, the spokesman said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Over-Bt7-bn-in-tourist-revenue-30258020.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-04-15

Just wondering who's the smart arse that sits somewhere and fart those figures out of their

backsides ? I mean how do you get to that figures of what tourists spent in the last few days?

those statistics take months to calculate and here you have so pompous idiots who just

come up with crap to feel important and relevant....

Just wondering who's the smart arse that sits somewhere and fart those figures out of their

backsides ? I mean how do you get to that figures of what tourists spent in the last few days?

those statistics take months to calculate and here you have so pompous idiots who just

Can anyone imagine a spokesperson on tourism, especially in the atmosphere created by the current regime, ever making a statement that arrivals and revenue were down on what was expected / predicted ?

"He said kind and friendly hospitality, as well as beautiful culture, are the main charms that attract visitors," the spokesman said.

I thought the main charms that attract visitors were the cheap beer and the charms the ladies offer.

>>He said the number of tourist arrivals increased 39 per cent compared with the same period last year. <<

Maybe, just maybe last years numbers were affected by yellow thugs blocking half of Bangkok to prepare way for the coup..................

The general also warned tourists of wearing tiny bikinis at the beach, as they will attract rapists,explains what Thainess in form of airborne Ping Pong balls really is

I hope he never loses his military handbook, how to live his life.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

U just saved me wasting my time answering the same way.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Can anyone imagine a spokesperson on tourism, especially in the atmosphere created by the current regime, ever making a statement that arrivals and revenue were down on what was expected / predicted ?

Short answer , NO.

A wee ago they announced 500 000 with 400 000 of the being chinese

now the number is down to 475 000

Leaving only about 75K other than chinese

Not a big number

They are too busy splashing water and complaining on FB about naked people to be out spending money

7 bill .... no way

"here you have so pompous idiots who just

come up with crap to feel important and relevant...."

By "here" I assume you mean some of those posting on Thai Visa?

If they know roughly how many tourists are on hand and, from past experience, have predictable per capita expenditures, it doesn't take a super computer months toiling away to arrive at a reasonable estimate. Government everywhere spew out unemployment, debt, tax, trade statistics, all of which are extrapolated from data on hand & past experience. These reports are frequently revised when more concrete information is received. They don't send someone around to count all the coins in every shop's cash till.

Edited by Suradit69

"here you have so pompous idiots who just

come up with crap to feel important and relevant...."

By "here" I assume you mean some of those posting on Thai Visa?

If they know roughly how many tourists are on hand and, from past experience, have predictable per capita expenditures, it doesn't take a super computer months toiling away to arrive at a reasonable estimate. Government everywhere spew out unemployment, debt, tax, trade statistics, all of which are extrapolated from data on hand & past experience. These reports are frequently revised when more concrete information is received. They don't send someone around to count all the coins in every shop's cash till.

But of course, the question is, is this more than last year. Would national revenue go up if they cancelled it and worked instead?????

• 2 months later...

I thought the main charms that attract visitors were the cheap beer and the charms the ladies offer.

What cheap beer ... ? Beer in Thailand is overpriced and quite disgusting. Most countries in Europe beer cost about 50% - only in restaurants about same same as here - dont know why thai beer is so overpriced really since you can get ½ liter Saigon Export (okay beer) in a restaurant in Vietnam for about 20 baht .... and 12 baht in a 7/11