Hundreds of migrants feared drowned off Libya

webfact

I see: TV's finest humanitarians are out in force again.

Ask yourself (in the comfort of an airconditioned living room, with a beer besides your keyboard, enjoying the freedoms and luxuries of a Western lifestyle, often "accomplished" on the back of the so called "developing nations"): how desperate would YOU have to be, to give some shady figure your last hard earned money, to get on a boat, that is hopelessly overloaded -not with food or water, mind you- and sail out into the night, into bad weather, with marginal equipment!

If you are so desperate, that you are willing to pi$$ into the Devils face, on the off-chance, he might let you live!

Yeah...I guess, it is just not your problem, since it is only "the Muslims"...some "economic immigrants"...some numbers, that have to be dealt with.

Mind you: they are living, breathing persons. Someones son, brother, sister...

I hope, no one of you will EVER get into a similar situation!

• Like 1

Ask yourself (in the comfort of an airconditioned living room, with a beer besides your keyboard, enjoying the freedoms and luxuries of a Western lifestyle, often "accomplished" on the back of the so called "developing nations"): how desperate would YOU have to be, to give some shady figure your last hard earned money, to get on a boat, that is hopelessly overloaded -not with food or water, mind you- and sail out into the night, into bad weather, with marginal equipment!

If you are so desperate, that you are willing to pi$$ into the Devils face, on the off-chance, he might let you live!

Yeah...I guess, it is just not your problem, since it is only "the Muslims"...some "economic immigrants"...some numbers, that have to be dealt with.

The world is a cruel place for most people,but please tell us how many we should let in to Europe.........100.000,5 million or maybe 50 million ? The realistic of us knows that the best solution is to help people where they live.The naive on the other hand believes by importing poor migrants to the West is the best solution,but fail to realize that it will ruin our welfare system and in the future destroy our nations.Call me an egoist,but Im not willing to be poorer in the future because I helped people in to my country who in the future most likely will contribute nothing ,except to drain the welfare system.

Edited by Yahooka

The world is a cruel place for most people,but please tell us how many we should let in to Europe.........100.000,5 million or maybe 50 million ? The realistic of us knows that the best solution is to help people where they live.The naive on the other hand believes by importing poor migrants to the West is the best solution,but fail to realize that it will ruin our welfare system and in the future destroy our nations.Call me an egoist,but Im not willing to be poorer in the future because I helped people in to my country who in the future most likely will contribute nothing ,except to drain the welfare system.

I am exactly on your side- we should help, where they live!

But do we?

As long as it is in our own best (political and economical) interests...maybe!

Everything else than that: we don't give a hoot!

And by the way: if the alternative is 'letting them drown like animals"...please...let them in!

I am exactly on your side- we should help, where they live!

But do we?

As long as it is in our own best (political and economical) interests...maybe!

Everything else than that: we don't give a hoot!

And by the way: if the alternative is 'letting them drown like animals"...please...let them in!

The "West," broadly speaking has been enormously generous in providing help and aid to Asia and Africa in particular. How much have the Russians or Chinese donated? What about rising powers such as India and Brazil? Japan has been generous. But in relativistic terms, the nations of Western Europe and North America have been especially willing to help out people all across the world, both through government action and individual charities.