Russian tourist, 60, rushed into Phuket surgery following accident at water park

webfact

Russian tourist, 60, rushed into surgery following accident at water park
Eakkapop Thongtub

1429241654_1.jpg
Russian tourist, 60, rushed into surgery following accident at water park

PHUKET: A 60-year-old Russian tourist has been hospitalized following a “serious accident” while playing at a famous water park on the north of the island.

The Phuket News understands that the tourist, who has been named as Viktor Gaidaev, suffered a "serious injury" while playing in the water.

He was given an initial examination by park staff who decided he needed immediate hospital attention.

Staff notified Vachira’s Emergency Hotline (1669) at about 11.45am yesterday, and the man was rushed to hospital where doctors rushed him into emergency surgery by about 12.33pm.

The Phuket News will post any updates as they come.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/russian-tourist-60-rushed-into-surgery-following-accident-at-water-park-51907.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-04-17

I don't really understand what is the value of these kind of news. There was an accident, but what kind of accident it was remains mystery. Somebody injured, but how is not told.

I would understand if the Russia has started nuclear war, the newspapers could write an story without any other real information. Simply to break the news. But a story about an accident, in a waterpark..

I really hope that the Phuket medias would stop this speed reporting competition and publish the stories only after enough data has been collected.

Edited by Guest

Far less serious than first reported. He was on a ride called the Superbowl, and fell off his inflatable ring near the bottom of the ride, wrenching his back. As a precaution he was taken for examination. He has since been discharged from hospital and is back in his hotel.

• Like 1

Far less serious than first reported. He was on a ride called the Superbowl, and fell off his inflatable ring near the bottom of the ride, wrenching his back. As a precaution he was taken for examination. He has since been discharged from hospital and is back in his hotel.

Thank you for bringing the facts to the story.

I think I'm not the only one, who is annoyed when the newspapers (same story on other sites as well) are behaving like teenage boys with premature ejaculation issues, when delivering these speedy news.

I somewhat miss the old fashioned, daily paper news, where the stories are written without too much hurry in the newsroom.

Maybe 'Yesterdays news today' website would be an idea. Stories, which included analysis, data collection etc. are published on the next day after the event.

There are obviously exceptions to the breaking news. Event's which affect a lot of people at the time it happens. Some examples from the past.

- Southern Thailand wide power outage

- Accident on the main road, which stops the traffic

Thank you for bringing the facts to the story.

I think I'm not the only one, who is annoyed when the newspapers (same story on other sites as well) are behaving like teenage boys with premature ejaculation issues, when delivering these speedy news.

I somewhat miss the old fashioned, daily paper news, where the stories are written without too much hurry in the newsroom.

Maybe 'Yesterdays news today' website would be an idea. Stories, which included analysis, data collection etc. are published on the next day after the event.

There are obviously exceptions to the breaking news. Event's which affect a lot of people at the time it happens. Some examples from the past.

- Southern Thailand wide power outage

- Accident on the main road, which stops the traffic

And you can be certain that somebody 'rushed' to the scene.

The guy who lost his wallet at the airport, and now this. Phuket News has to fill up the pages somehow.....might even make it into Google News/Thailand....I will thread carefully next time going to Phuket, don't wish for 15 minutes of fame.

Apparently the incident had occurred on a ride known as the Superbowl. Near the bottom of it he slipped off the inflatable ring he was riding and wrenched his back.

I wouldn't be surprised if his obesity didn't play a part in this accident. He probably has learnt he can't act like a kid anymore. Could have been more serious.