Myanmar woman strangled in Bangkok

Thaivisa News

Bangkok: A 38-year-old Myanmar woman was found strangled near a shelter of workers of a factory in Bangkok Friday morning, police said.

The partially naked and decomposed body of Mod Winji was found in a bush behind the shelter of workers of Siam Laser Mate Factory on Liab Klong Song Raod in Bang Chan’s Klong Samwa district at 9:30 am.

Pol Lt Phetrat Saenrat, an officer on duty of Nimitmai police station, and a doctor on duty and Portecktuent Foundation officials rushed to the scene after the police station was informed of the body.

The body was found under a big tree on the deserted spot. Her pink t-shirt was lifted up and her bottom was exposed. A rope was left around her neck.

Her brother, Jo Oh, 26, told police that the woman worked as a house maid on Soi Hathairat 30.

The brother said his sister called him on Tuesday, saying she would visited him but he was out to celebrate Songkran so he told his sister to wait for him at his room at the workers’ shelter behind the factory.

When he returned to his room in the evening, he did not find her so he thought she had left.

But he called her mobile phone several times but she did not answer it. Then other workers felt the stench behind Friday morning and he and friends followed the smell to find the body just ten meters away from the shelter.

The brother said the mobile phone and handbag of his sister disappeared.

Nimitmai police chief Pol Col Thanachai Usahakit said an autopsy would be carried out to find whether the woman had been raped.

He said all the workers there would be interrogated. Police source said a Thai worker, Weerachai Saithong, had disappeared from the shelter.

He said all the workers there would be interrogated and I am assuming that there are other Burmese workers in this factory. Police source said a Thai worker, Weerachai Saithong, had disappeared from the shelter.

The Thai guy is clearly a clear suspect but still they insist on checking the Burmese workers anyway. after all........................................................................ a Thai wouldn't do something like this. blink.png How much you wanna bet they check the Burmese first and the Thai workers (if any) last?

It is disturbing that even though there is a clear suspect who is Thai, the BIB can't accept the obvious. I may be wrong but I very much doubt it.

Edited by thequietman

He said all the workers there would be interrogated and I am assuming that there are other Burmese workers in this factory. Police source said a Thai worker, Weerachai Saithong, had disappeared from the shelter.

The Thai guy is clearly a clear suspect but still they insist on checking the Burmese workers anyway. after all........................................................................ a Thai wouldn't do something like this. blink.png How much you wanna bet they check the Burmese first and the Thai workers (if any) last?

It is disturbing that even though there is a clear suspect who is Thai, the BIB can't accept the obvious. I may be wrong but I very much doubt it.

There was no mention of Burmese workers at all in the OP, you are the one that brought up that subject.

It's more disturbing that some posters cannot, or choose not to, read and make assumptions that the gullible on here will hook on to and perpetuate the misinformation that you are trying to spread.

• Like 2

Well, he disappeared. How can they check him?

DNA test

DNA, doesn't that stand for National Dyslexic Association in Thailand

This is another terrible crime in Thailand... It's not a time for you to to try to be clever... You aren't.

Edited by Local Drunk

All together now - "No Thai would ever do such a thing..." cue the military national anthem...

I think you are dismembered, and I can't speculate as to where your brain is. Perhaps it is a meter or so lower from the back of, to the top of your head. This headline has nothing to do with the National Anthem of Thailand. You seem more concerned with your bias against the National Anthem than the death of this woman. I don't think you even care about her, you are just trying to be clever... you aren't.

Edited by Local Drunk