Mass Transit, Bus, Baht Bus to Buddha Mountain/ Silverlake?

gk10002000

A couple of ways that I can think of. First is a baht bus on Sukhumvit. Hopefully, they'll go all the way down to the turn for Buddha mountain where "hopefully" you'll be able to catch a scooter taxi. Though I've gone through that intersection many times and have never seen a scooter taxi there. Better bet would be to stop just past the lights in Ban Amphur where there's the 7/11. Big group of scooter taxis there. Not sure what it would cost.

Another option would be the train??? Again, not sure if a scooter taxi would be there or not? You could also catch a minivan that's headed towards Sattahip instead of a baht bus.

Hopefully others will come along with more suggestions!

Looking to kill a day just sight seeing. I haven't been to the Buddhal mountain in almost ten years now. Is there a way to get there without a tour? I typically don't rent a scooter on my holidays

I took the wife there on a rainy day last year, well you have to spoil them now & again.

On arrival there were NO other vehicles at all

Just 2 massive car parks

I stopped in the middle of the coach park where you get the best view.

We had been sat there for 2 to 3 minutes when a little man in a big raincoat came over through the rain and told us that we were not a coach and we would have to leave.

Only us there.

I think he was frustrated because he didn't have a whistle.

Good customer relations.

So we left.

Now he had no vehicles to spoil his day.

• Like 1

Alone or with others....rent a car/driver..be more expensive but for the sake of only a few $$$ well worth it.

yeah. that driving on the wrong side of the road just bothers the bejesus out of me. I did it in Jamaica many years ago and I am OK on the straight lines, but that first intersection with a turn and whoa! 40 years of driving habits are strong. I did a scooter a little bit in Thailand. But I don't have a motorbike license here in the USA and being a firm believer in Murphy's law, I would get into some sort of accident, and I would have insurance and medical issues per the fine print. Scaredy cat when it comes to things like that at his stage in my life.

I wonder if hitch hiking is any where near safe? Write up a sign in Thai and English, stand on the road heading that way? Say something such as will pay xxx baht?

Gosh I recall my very first trip to Pattaya in 2004. I hooked up with a girl from one of the massage places, sabai dee or sabai massage up off second road. We spent a few days together. Her "uncle", at least she said it was her uncle had a decent pickup truck with workable AC and he drove us around each day. 750 baht as I recall. Hit Buddha mountain, nong nooch, million years crocodile park, etc. All touristy stuff but I enjoy almost anything out towards the country. A good first trip.

Thanks

If you are not comfortable with a scooter, for sure don't rent here. Not the place to learn. Hitch hiking is very rare here. Easier to just catch the baht bus on Sukhumvit to Ban Ampur and grab a scooter taxi right next to 7/11. Or, hire a taxi/driver from Pattaya to take you around. This time of year, an AC car is a great way to go. As you say, you could probably find a driver for 1000B or so to take you there and back as well as perhaps a few other places.