TAO Worker in Narathiwat Injured in a Gun Attack

Jacob Maslow

post-231994-0-24078900-1429382176_thumb.

Stock photo of an M16

A tambon administration organization (TAO) secretary was injured in a gun attack Thursday morning in Narathiwat. The incident took place just outside Tanyonglimor TAO offices in the Rangae district.

When police arrived at the scene, they found a vehicle with bullet holes in it about 500 metres from the office. Orasa Nguenmak, 40, was the driver of the vehicle and suffered three gunshot wounds to the shoulder and arm. The bullets came from an M16 assault rifle. Police recovered the three bullet casings, and Ms. Orasa was taken to Rangae Hospital.

Witnesses say two assailants followed Ms. Orasa on a motorcycle, and the passenger shot at her as she arrived at the TAO offices. Despite her injuries, Ms. Orasa was able to drive to the nearby military depot for help. Thankfully, the wounds were not life threatening.

Nattapong Sirichana, governor of Narathiwat, has ordered police to track down the attackers. Security officials are blaming southern insurgents for the shooting.

Just last weekend, four residents of the Narathiwat's Sukhirin district were shot in their homes, which were just metres apart. Reportedly, a group of assailants split into groups to carry out the attacks on the four individuals. The investigation into these murders is still ongoing.

tvn.png
-- 2015-04-18

What a lovely rifle... It's such a classic, I've always wanted one. I'm not trying to excuse my lust for the weapon, but if you are a terrorist or criminal, then you will use whatever weapon is at your disposal. The rifle itself has no bearing on this attack.

Edited by Local Drunk

Another Maslow masterpiece of photographic irrelevance. If you haven't got picture relating to the incident don't bother, a stock photo of a gun is laughable. Why not show a stock photo of "a vehicle" or "a motorcycle", that would be just as useful.

• Like 1

Another Maslow masterpiece of photographic irrelevance. If you haven't got picture relating to the incident don't bother, a stock photo of a gun is laughable. Why not show a stock photo of "a vehicle" or "a motorcycle", that would be just as useful.

Wow I agree with you for once SG. Come on Jacob... do a bit of legwork. We're here to help you if you need it.

Edited by Local Drunk