Man arrested for theft from cars in Phuket Town

webfact

Man arrested for theft from cars in Phuket Town
Darawan Naknakhon

1429606543_1-org.jpg
Pongpon Boondetpiti was only released from prison on April 10.

PHUKET: -- Police today (April 21) arrested a 25-year-old man who had broken into and stolen items from a number of cars in the Phuket Town area last weekend (April 17 & 18).

Phuket City police arrested Pongpon Boondetpiti, 25, at his home on Anupartphuketkarn Rd in Talad Yai and took away evidence including a pair of damaged scissors and a mobile phone. The scissors had been used to break into five vehicles parked in either Yaoworat, Dibuk or Phang Nga Rd.

The arrest of Pongpon came after police checked CCTV coverage from the area and recognised him from previous crimes he had committed.

He was arrested in 2009 and 2011 for theft and breaking into vehicles and was only released from prison on April 10 this year.

Pongpon admitted that on Friday night (April 17) he broke into a Honda Jazz and a truck (make and model unknown) parked on Yaowarat Rd in Talad Yai and stolen a purse and other items.

On Saturday (April 18) he broke into a Nissan parked on Dibuk Rd and two Toyota Fortuners on Phang Nga Rd. He stole wallets and bank cards from each.

Pongpon is once again to be charged with theft after dark.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/man-arrested-for-theft-from-cars-in-phuket-town-51964.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-04-21

cheesy.gif

The cop in the middle deserves a part in a Coen brothers film on the basis of looks alone...

A part in Star Trek more like Pr.

I had to giggle, yet again, over the charge of 'theft after dark'. - it always makes me spill my beer! sad.png

What made me giggle more was that he used scissors to break into cars..... I mean... that is not a humane thought by any means or logical ways. Ooops... I forgot where I am. cheesy.gif

Edit: We are all in a God's Star Trek film here in Th - he must be laughing his ass off at modern day Thai Spock and Sino Scotty.

Edited by Commerce

Sounds as though he could have been one of the 38,000 prisoners released under the Princess Sirindhorn birthday amnesty.

One of the biggest complaints I hear from the local police here is that these amnesties do nothing but release thousands of career criminals back into the community where they invariably reoffend.

Edited by apetley