ColourScape

Kan Win

Hi Folks,

Sorry me once again.

Looking at life in general, it is so colourful and not turning it into black and white for whatever reason a photo should be, so only colourful-scape please.

The colours of Kanchanaburi not far from the town center, by the River Khwae (Kwai)

large.jpg

Just pure magic.thumbsup.gif

The photo as is, only had to resize it facepalm.gif

Win w00t.gif

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, these are the quintessential colours of Thailand the sky, the clear seas, golden sand and rich vegetation ...oh, and the burning flesh! (unless anyone wants to Photoshop a monk with a Chang and a plate of pad thai) into the shot

15360338863_0f3c34ce21_b.jpg

Hi Folks,

Are your photos for real with all the Colour and Glory ? I am Gob smacked giggle.gif, since a lot of non coloured photos have been posted in resent times, hence this thread. whistling.gif

large.jpg

From Kan, Light and Sound Show at the Entrance, 2010.

Win w00t.gif

Hi Folks,

Are your photos for real with all the Colour and Glory ? I am Gob smacked giggle.gif, since a lot of non coloured photos have been posted in resent times, hence this thread. whistling.gif

Win w00t.gif

What's the point you're trying to make?

Eeew! I am going for the B&W here... I wrote a reply elsewhere on a similar topic yesterday, by sheer coincidence (I think). I think that details and patterns sometimes emerge better in a b&w photo than in a colour one that makes the eyeballs bleed. The use of colour or not is a personal preference for which no one should be berated. Comparisons of the two approaches should develop enlightening discussions that expose the pros and cons.....OK, OK, I'm collecting the water, ...I know!! wink.png

^^^ I'm just tryin to figger out why this sudden fling with "Scapes" is all about.

And just what is it all about. Heck...why not also start a "StreetScape" & then

a Market-StallScape....then a Dog & CatScape...Maybe even a Window,

Door & GateScape...ad nauseum. Speaking of nauseating...awwww forget it.

I have just done a search for 'colourscape' and here is the wiki description.

Colourscapes are large air-supported colour sculptures where colour is used to make space active, to make an ambiguous space beyond measurement. Visitors to Colourscapes, wearing coloured cloaks, choose the journey they make through the interconnected chambers, becoming part of the sculpture, as the colour they wear changes as they move, dynamically altering the space that others see. Inside Colourscape, people are entirely surrounded by colour, which is transmitted from the inner surfaces as daylight filters through the plastic membrane from which Colourscape is made. This immersion in colour is an intense experience giving rise to interesting perceptual phenomena and emotional richness.

Maybe another topic title would be better suited to avoid confusion as to what the OP originally wanted to be posted here?

I reckon we should simply stick to the three traditional "scapes"...City, Land & Sea.

Trash the rest. It's gonna get silly if they all continue IMO.

NB...Rural Landscapes can become a subthread of Landscapes. Urban & Suburban

can be a part of Cityscapes & Seascapes speak for themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived