Days of Phuket jet-ski extortion 'are over'

webfact

Note there was no mention of the fact that under Thai law no person may operate such a craft without a Thai Captains licence. So effectively the officials allow operators and tourists to break the law ... and yes all to make sure the MONEY keeps on flowing.

I wonder if any Thai official can spell the word ... FARCE

Is a captains licenec required to operate a jetski anywhere in the world?

If you buy your own do you need a licence?

I know you can spell the word FARCE but it also allpies to your post.

Why?

Note there was no mention of the fact that under Thai law no person may operate such a craft without a Thai Captains licence. So effectively the officials allow operators and tourists to break the law ... and yes all to make sure the MONEY keeps on flowing.

Not a captains licence but a licence to operate like you have in OZ

Not a captains licence but a licence to operate like you have in OZ

There should be a licence, Would be easy to get I you live in Thailand,

1 Verify your passport to say that is you,on your own passport.

2 Verify your address in Thailnd,to say that you on the rental agreement are verified by the verified passport.

3 Write a rental verification letter to back up the rental agreement

4 Verify your Bank details,so they see you are the person on the passport that has been verified

5 Verify 3 passport size photos ( same as passport ) to say it is you YOU and only you.

6 once this has been done,wait all day,including lunch break to verify everything, has been verified

Just in case of problems carry a letter of verification,that it is you on the Verified Jet ski licence Easy like every thing in Thailand

the days of extortion by jetski operators are over.

cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

+ 1 .. Dare I say that the statement "extortion by jetski operators are over" is ... Bizarre and unfortunately quite typical for these people - have absolutely no clue at all clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Just hire one at Jomtein , ride it to North Pattaya beach jump off and walk to beach road sit at bar ring boy on his shifty cell phone and tell him if he does not put 50,000 baht into your Western union account within one hour you will sink the mother fxxxxx. After payment is made advise him the location . Paybacks a bitch.

I wish that would really happen ....if a person could get away with it.

Fake passport and or ID ...dyed hair and glasses and other false features.

Take the Jet Ski down the beach a long ways away and load the jet ski into a truck real quick and drive off and then make your phone call.

If they do not pay...never mind ....they are still hurting after losing a jet ski and you have the satisfaction of ripping them off in return.

Cheers

The problem with jet ski's are that many tourists do not realise that in order to have steerage you have to power up the throttle. I once saw one go into the side of an anchored yacht because the tourist operating it let off on the throttle and then turned the handle bars......nothing happened.....it still went straight of course......right into the boat!! JET SKIS ARE DANGEROUS IN INEXPERIENCED HANDS.

Just hire one at Jomtein , ride it to North Pattaya beach jump off and walk to beach road sit at bar ring boy on his shifty cell phone and tell him if he does not put 50,000 baht into your Western union account within one hour you will sink the mother fxxxxx. After payment is made advise him the location . Paybacks a bitch.

The police would be all over you in an instant if you tried to steal one of their jet skis.

In all australian states a Power Boat Operator licence is required.

eg

http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/imarine/personal-watercraft.asp

http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/imarine/recreational-skippers-ticket.asp

Seafarers with commercial marine deck certificates of competency must also have a Recreational Skipper's Ticket (RST) to operate a recreational vehicle.

Commercial qualifications can be assessed as equivalent using the above process.

Note:

Only deck qualifications can be recognised, not engineering qualifications.