Pool noodles, in Chiang Mai

arunsakda

I have seen them in Big C too More than 230 though - if you get them for 230 go for it.. I don't know why they are so expensive so i bought my own in a few trips ago .Minimal weight and good padding for the other supplies.

^^^ ...me too, my first thought was, I know boat noodles and train noodles but what are pool noodles?

Let me help you out -

A pool noodle (also known as a water log or woggle in the UK) is a cylindrical piece of polyethylene foam, sometimes hollow. Pool noodles are used by people of all ages while swimming.

Pool noodles are useful when learning to swim, for floating, for rescue reaching, in various forms of water play, and for aquatic exercise. The most common dimensions are about 160 cm (5'3") in length and 7 cm (2.5") in diameter.

Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pool_noodle

they are great for the pool. Very easy to carry. They sell them at "Dollar Stores" all over the US, so I don't know hwat's up with 230thb...maybe it's been declared a farang thing, and priced accordingly. I thought I had seen them at Tesco HD, several years ago...but things change.

259 baht at ToysRUs. Made a nice little afternoon of it riding free shuttle from Amora. No other riders coming or going. (Thai couple with luggage got on at LeMeridien then got off at ShangriLa with just Wai for the driver, which was unexpected). The complex

did seem quite empty other than the tech job fair in building 2. A goat ranch had some cute kids on display outside. 20 baht to feed some kind of vegetable matter. Dukes had a few tables occupied, pretty poor for a Friday at 13:00. Sad to see food court closed, so nice sandwich at Ragu. It really is an attractive shopping plaza and I would be willing to go more often long as they keep the shuttle service available..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same chinese junk always cheaper in the US. The ToysRus main site shows a box of 20 pool noodles for $99. MAYA had some trainers for 4900 baht that can be had for 80 bucks at FootLocker, and look a little fake. Still I would rather pay tarriffs and duties than be raped by in income taxes to pay for big government and its various wastes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just brought one back from the US. 1.06 USD inc taxes. Made in Canada. Also served as a good protector for my computer. I had them put a "fragile" sticker on the box, might as well have put a "drop me" sticker on it. Arrived on the conveyor belt upside down.

• Like 1