Recording Audio On Computer

h90

My wife wants to record audio, first testing and later for our phone system.

Thru the years I made a lot things with the computer but never recorded audio.

Whats the best hasle free way. I have a head set and the solution must have a way to prevent to record thai singing and play it over the stereo system.....

I know a find a lot infos at google, but just an easy quick way without hasle and 200 options to set.

You can get a stereo microphone and plug it into the microphone input of your audio jack. You can download a copy of Windows Media Encoder from here (free): Windows Media Encoder

This will allow you to record audio/video that is playable in Windows Media Player. If you want mp3 there are many free applications to convert the wma/wmv to mp3.

The simplest though is with Windows built in sound recorder, but somewhat limited capibilities. Windows Sound Recorder

Edited by tywais

I would suggest getting a decent microphone (especially for singing). I use the Shure SM58 which is fantastic and cost around 4000 bht at Panthip.

I would also buy a program such as Adobe Audition which is very easy to use and also enables you to clean up the recording and remove any unwanted noise, hiss or mic rumble.

I would suggest getting a decent microphone (especially for singing). I use the Shure SM58 which is fantastic and cost around 4000 bht at Panthip.

I would also buy a program such as Adobe Audition which is very easy to use and also enables you to clean up the recording and remove any unwanted noise, hiss or mic rumble.

no testing for the phone system what to speak on it.

I hope no singing, I pray to every godness that they don't get the idea and record singing in the office and than play it amplified.......

Please not......

My wife wants to record audio, first testing and later for our phone system.

Thru the years I made a lot things with the computer but never recorded audio.

Whats the best hasle free way. I have a head set and the solution must have a way to prevent to record thai singing and play it over the stereo system.....

I know a find a lot infos at google, but just an easy quick way without hasle and 200 options to set.

Sorry, thought you meant you DID want singing! Makes more sense now...

My suggestions for the mic and for Adobe Audition still apply. You can then save to any number of formats including mp3, wav, etc... You'll get a far cleaner end result than with a headset and a windows sound recorder.

sorry for writing unclear.

We have a phone system, which plays some sound when you get connected in the office, tells something on calling.

Now they want to record some different things, first on the computer and list to it and let other people listening and after it sounds good, they want to do the same on the phone system.....

I am afraid that it turns out that they make a karaoke like evening half the night if they find out that they can also sing on it.

(it is home and office together and when thais start singing+someone buy beer, I can not get them out of the office anymore no chance).....

Ahh! OK, gotcha! wouldn't wanna encourage the singing! :o

Just try out the ordinary sound recorder in windows for a start.

On the start menu go to 'All Programs', point to 'Accessories', point to 'Entertainment' and then choose sound recorder. If your headset/mic is plugged in you should be able to record straight away.

If you need to test the mic:

Go to 'Control Panel' and double click 'Sounds and Audio Devices'.

On the voice tab, under voice recording click 'Test hardward' and follow the instructions.

Hope that helps! :D

Ahh! OK, gotcha! wouldn't wanna encourage the singing! :o

Just try out the ordinary sound recorder in windows for a start.

On the start menu go to 'All Programs', point to 'Accessories', point to 'Entertainment' and then choose sound recorder. If your headset/mic is plugged in you should be able to record straight away.

If you need to test the mic:

Go to 'Control Panel' and double click 'Sounds and Audio Devices'.

On the voice tab, under voice recording click 'Test hardward' and follow the instructions.

Hope that helps! :D

thanks a lot :-)