Wine store with knowledgeable staff in CM?

Guest siamjourney

Guest siamjourney

Does anyone have a recommendation for a wine store where the staff actually know what they are talking about? I just tried Wine Connection at Rimping Airport and the kid didn't seem to know much. I feel like I'm just guessing based on my previous experiences when I buy the occasional bottle of wine here.

I asked a for an American wine at Rimping once and they said they didn't carry any.

Then I noticed a section of California wines, guess they knew geography as well as they knew varietals.

facepalm.gif

Ah, you sirry ferang, don't you know that Carifornia is right here in Thailand?

I asked a for an American wine at Rimping once and they said they didn't carry any.

Then I noticed a section of California wines, guess they knew geography as well as they knew varietals.

facepalm.gif

And if you were in California what proportion of shop staff would know Chiang Mai was in Thailand? Or where Thailand is??

And they have had better educational opportunities maybe

• Like 2

facepalm.gif

Isn't "America" a continent? Given your question, the boy could have pointed to a bottle of Mexican plonk and said "yes sir, we have wine of the America's"

• Like 1

No North America is a continent as is South America (which is a different one).

The United States of America is a country in the continent of North America (as is the country of Mexico) which is commonly referred to as "America" and sometimes the acronym U.S.A.

And I thought us "Americans" were the ones who were suppose to be lacking in geography knowledge :)