In and out of Poipet? Is it possible?

I have the E-visa for cambodia. The 250 baht khaosan road service saw that i had the Evisa and actually told me I couldn't use their service... dirty cheats.

ANyway, am I going to have problems entering Poipet and then going right back over the border on an exemption?

Not clear exactly what you are asking. You have an e-visa for Cambodia, what is the 250 Baht for, the fare to Aran from KSR? If so, there are many vans go from Victory Monument, buses from Ekamai and Moh Chit.

Regarding exit Thailand/enter Cambodia/exit Cambodia/enter Thailand same day, if you only hold a visa-exempt at the moment, you will almost certainly have problems re-entering Thailand on another, back-to-back, visa-exempt same day, or even within a few days. The IOs on land borders these days usually tell people to get a tourist visa.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

We are on our very first exempt right now. \\Will a second one really be a problem for us?

Depends on exactly what is in the passport.

Back to back "visa exempt" entries are actively discouraged !

Always best to be in possession of a valid visa !

If your very first visa exempt & no long previous visa history to thailand you should be fine, would be wise have some cash in hand (10,000baht cash each) also have some foreign credit/debit cards so you can state you use these for major transactions or extra cash as needed from ATM. any hassle remain super polite & ask for supervisor, being polite & answering questions smartly makes all the difference.

I would take the train to Aranyapraphet (50baht) turn left out of aranyaprathet train station & it about 15minute walk to border point. Keep you stuff safe & if touts hassle you tell them f0ck0ff politely. once gone through thai immigration first official looking hut is Cambo army hut, you probably get held up here & they will want money to process you, I pay 300baht & they will stamp you in/out of cambo in 5minutes with official stamps then you can wonder round no mans land grab a bite to eat & come back through thai side. If don't want to pay at army hut or don't get stopped there you can proceed straight on to the white building which proper immigration although they also normally want a tip if you coming straight back.

Plenty of mini vans will be coming back to bangkok & price around 200Bt, you can walk back past the train station & get a bus from bus station which opposite the train station but further up road. you could also use a poipet visa service such as Bangkok Buddy as they allow evisa and reduce fee to account for it, they would also confirm you will be ok if supply them with correct current visa details/previous history ...

Edited by BuckBee

"In and out of Poipet? Is it possible?"

Yes, it's possible. What are your chances? Lots of "it depends", with multiple variables and definitely the product of some probability function: number of previous, recent visa exempt-entries; number of back-to-back entries; other stuff in your passport that has any potential to catch the IOs interest; and ??? You can improve your chances if you feel the need (again, subject to that same probability function...) by having documentation with you, such as tickets out, travel/tour itinerary, hotel reservations, proof of income source outside Thailand, evidence of foreign residence, etc. I haven't done that many in & outs, but don't do them at all anymore. Based on what you said, it doesn't sound like you should have a problem. If there IS going to a problem, you'll probably find out about it on the way out rather than on the way back in.

You do know that if you're eligible for visa-exempt entry, you're also eligible for a 30-d extension on it (1900THB at the immigration office)? (Unless you've already used that.)