Health Insurance Recommendation

The Big Mango

My Health insurance expires this week and I want to change my provider.

Who do you guys use ? Are you happy with the policy ?

Id ideally like the policy to be explained to me in english with the details of cover also printed in english.

Would like to sort asap so any reccomendations would be great.

Happy to use a brokerage offering different provider options too if you use one and are happy with their service.

Posted in the Phuken Forum as I want to visit the companys office based here and not deal over the internet with a company with no representation on the island.

Thankyou in advance

BUPA Blue Cross. Policy in English. Local office past the Phuket City Hotel (old bus station).

For sure not the cheapest health insurance. I've never had a health issue so I can't comment, but wife has had a couple of health issues and BUPA paid the bills direct, once at International, and once at Phuket BKK. So far. no complaints, other than the premium price.

• Like 1

BUPA Blue Cross. Policy in English. Local office past the Phuket City Hotel (old bus station).

For sure not the cheapest health insurance. I've never had a health issue so I can't comment, but wife has had a couple of health issues and BUPA paid the bills direct, once at International, and once at Phuket BKK. So far. no complaints, other than the premium price.

Thanks for that , my policy with AIA was circa 60k for me ( mid 40s ) .

Would that be circa Bupa cost for good cover ?

I know vague but would 60k work for the blue cross policy ?

+1

You can choose which is the best cover for your needs.

16k per room per day max 5 mio cover inpatient only about 30.-35k for your age.

best go and have a look at their office.

Edited by schlog

You can choose which is the best cover for your needs.

12k per room per day max 5 mio cover inpatient only about 30.-35k for your age.

best go and have a look at their office.

Thx schlog , will call by this afternoon.

35k sounds a like a result :-)

I can't say - depends on the level of cover. Depends on your age. If just you then at your age i would not expect that much.

Does BUPA Blue Cross cover you in Thailand, and if you visit you home county, or a neighbouring country, you need travel insurance, or does it cover you world wide?

BUPA no longer partner with Blue Cross. Blue Cross have now replaced LMG as the partner at Pacific to form Pacific Cross Healthcare. They do not have an office in Phuket. It's worth comparing coverage.

OP be careful before changing healthcare insurance provider if you had any claims with the previous insurance company and/or if you are over 60 years old.

I just checked my policy - correct it's now just BUPA on the policy. No mention of Blue Cross.

We (with Thai wife) have a platinum policy. It's designed for living here in Thailand.

No cover for the USA. I just read the International assistance. Supplied by AGA services, amazed to see it covers up to US$ 1 million per person (no idea it would be that much). There is a travel limit of 90 days per trip, but an interesting clause 'but not to your home country'. I guess I would expect the NHS to deal with any health issues if I visited my home country. Interesting read of this year's policy.

OP says he is mid 40s. I myself switched to BUPA before my 60 birthday as they were the only (that I could find in Thailand ?) company to offer insurance for life, but must sign up before 60. The Thai health insurer that I had used for a very long time would not take me past 65, no way.

Will update properly when get time.

But just a quick hu. Me (43) mrs (33) son 8 years a tad under 8k a month.

For those who know or maybe interested its for the platinum 5million cover policy.

All details are on line , oh and received a 15% discount from the rate quoted on the web ( thx schlog)

Now to get the life insurance , suggestions chaps :-)

Edited by The Big Mango

BUPA no longer partner with Blue Cross. Blue Cross have now replaced LMG as the partner at Pacific to form Pacific Cross Healthcare. They do not have an office in Phuket. It's worth comparing coverage.

OP be careful before changing healthcare insurance provider if you had any claims with the previous insurance company and/or if you are over 60 years old.

Incorrect, Pacific Cross have now taken over LMG after being a partner, Blue Cross are not a partner !

Oh just a side note , i will be giving bupa my full medical records so once theyve checked and accepted theres no way of anything " unexpected " cropping up.

Went to bkkphuket that ive used exclusivey over the last 11 years and was expecting a hefty bill for them and pleasantly surpised its only 300thb

Incorrect, Pacific Cross have now taken over LMG after being a partner, Blue Cross are not a partner !

Full info from the horse's mouth here.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/772801-introducing-pacific-cross-health-insurance/

In the 1980's we established Blue Cross Thailand and that business was acquired by BUPA in 1996. We re-entered the Thai market again in 2001 as Med-Sure Services, managing the administration of health/travel insurance first in partnership with Nam Seng Insurance and then from 2005 to the present with LMG Insurance as LMG Pacific Healthcare.