Thai elite card or other options

You apply for a business visa and a one year extension. The extension can be done by an agent without even needing to visit immigration. Once you pay the approximately US$400 price, you just move in and out of Cambodia as you please until it is time to get the next one year extension. No one cares whether you are working or not.

Hmmm... Isn't this a visa that is well into the dark zone of legality? From what I read and remember from reading so was this commonplace a bit back, but nowadays the govt have cracked down onto these "not kosher/fake" business visas. But maybe I remember it wrong, or maybe it was about another country.

Not wishing to sound Islamaphobic but both Malaysia and the Philipines are both quite hard core Isalmic states are they not ? Would you be very comfortable having to observe all their laws ? Limited booze, no bacon butties etc, and now some hardliners are slating smoking as being un-Islamic 'cos it harms the body.

I think you will find that the Philippines population are 90% Catholic by religion.

• Like 1

Not wishing to sound Islamaphobic but both Malaysia and the Philipines are both quite hard core Isalmic states are they not ? Would you be very comfortable having to observe all their laws ? Limited booze, no bacon butties etc, and now some hardliners are slating smoking as being un-Islamic 'cos it harms the body.

My understanding is that the Philippines is predominantly catholic and islam is a minority. I'd suggest those muslims in the Phils are hard core though and there are problems in the west of Mindanao with muslim insurgents. They don't appear to be able to live peacefully wherever they are.

• Like 1

I'm afraid your research is incomplete.

For your particular situation, there are at least two well-known options:

1) Elite card

2) Extension of stay on a Non-Imm-O or Non-Imm-B visa based on 10MB investment.

I'm afraid your research is incomplete.

For your particular situation, there are at least two well-known options:

1) Elite card

2) Extension of stay on a Non-Imm-O or Non-Imm-B visa based on 10MB investment.

Personally I would not recommend the Thailand Elite option to anyone who has the intention to work inside Thailand. Or any other option that does not include a work permit.

Of course, working online is a grey area. One may never be caught. But the risk is there...