Amazing Things To Do In Isaan - Any To Add?

ldnguy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phnom Rung just outside of Burriram is relly good. Historic temple

Also, Prasat Muang Tam is not far from Phnom Rung and is another good historic temple to visit.

They are both mentioned on the post.

If you travel by bus or train Surin is a good location.

The Majestic hotel is located at the bus station. If by train a 3 minute tuk tuk to bus station and Majestic Hotel.

Don't miss the Twang Dang nightclub. it's rock en every night. Massage at the bus station next to Falang Connection.

Agree with the historical locations as mentioned.

Lots of fun for me so far.

Amazing things?... finding at last peace and quiet and freedom in a small rural village. Did I mention my wife? Just driving to town now and then I find exotic I have to remind myself how my life was before. Amazing... I'm not sure that I deserve this...

I agree !

However sometimes the neighbours make me feel like I have to pay for some sin I comitted. Everytime they start a fire in the wee hours of the morning right next to our bedroom window, i begin to miss the days when life was more healthy in the Eesaan before the introduction of plastic bags and containers.

it still nags me because it is a dramatic attack at my inner peace

Sorry for you, I'm not sure how we did it, but few people in our village burn plastic any more. I talked to the boss lady and tried to explain that burning plastic was equivalent to making the neighbours smoke 50 cigarettes a day. She gave no answer but a few days later she gave out an 'edict' about only burning in the evening and later another one about burning plastic. We now find ourselves faced with taking sacks of rubbish to the town every day. (Dumped outside BigC where a lot of it comes from). The guys aren't stupid, just without education or means of getting rid of the stuff that gets stuck into their hands every time they buy something. Off topic slightly...