Huay Yai area

rocketboybkk

Hi

Can anyone tell me what Huay Yai area is like?

I see houses being built, land for sale etc.

How far from Jontien is it?

Is the area safe? Nice etc.

I'm looking to buy land & this area has been recommended.

Mabprachan/Pong now too expensive.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've lived in Huai Yai for about 10 years now and never once regretted the move from Jomtien. I never had any problems! Whereas in Jomtien I had several burglaries. The baht buses stop about 5pm and don't start until 5am so it helps keep the bad guys away. Although I've had the telephone cable stolen by the copper thieves a few times.

Like everything around Pattaya it's getting more crowded and prices are going up. But the area is still nice, peaceful and quite and it's still much cooler because of the vegetation around. But it's disappearing quickly because of all the construction. It will probably get worse when the extension of Highway 7 is completed in a few years.

Huai Yai is a huge area and so is Jomtien, so the distance to Jomtien varies considerably. Average distance is about 10 Km.

• Like 2

Thanks for your replies.

Are there any areas of land for sale at the moment you know of? I suppose half a rai.

Or I see houses on developments. Any recommendations on buying one of these. I like quiet with pool.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Finding just half a rai is getting hard to find. Five years ago, I put about a half rai of land up for sale and it sold within 2 weeks! After the floods occurred in Bangkok a few years ago, most of the small plots were bought up by the Bangkokians. You'll probably have to check out one of the new housing developments being built, of which there are several. Signs are posted all along Huai Yai Road.

Hi BB1950. I've got a 1.2 rai plot in Huay Yi I am thinking of selling. Can you tell me how you advertised your land for sale when it sold so quickly? And approx how much to ask for it. It has about 50 meters of paved road on one side, is fenced, has electricity/phone to the property, and a small pond on it?

• Like 2

Someone was smart to tell you to look there. It certainly is a growing area. I love to go there on my bike from Pattaya and just tour all of the nooks and cranny's. It is growing pretty quickly, but is not out of control. I know a gentleman that 2 years ago bought 10 rai for 10 million baht, in a good location for his business. I know that prices have skyrocketed since then though. It is a very large town in square kilomets. If you do go to the Temple as one suggested, I would agree that this is close to town center. The main police station is on Hwy. 36, about 7 kilomets from there. The reason for the traffic at the Sukumvit junction is because it is a main artery for the tour buses to be able to travel straight through to Hwy. 36, and head back to Bangkok. Yes, it is very near Jomtien. It is old money in Huay Yai. They have owned their land for generations, and they will ask for whatever they feel they can get. (Don't we all?) Very family orientated, quiet town, with a lot to offer. Take a look. The other post mentioned to go down the road along the railroad tracks. This is also known on many maps as the BYPASS road.

• Like 2

Someone was smart to tell you to look there. It certainly is a growing area. I love to go there on my bike from Pattaya and just tour all of the nooks and cranny's. It is growing pretty quickly, but is not out of control. I know a gentleman that 2 years ago bought 10 rai for 10 million baht, in a good location for his business. I know that prices have skyrocketed since then though. It is a very large town in square kilomets. If you do go to the Temple as one suggested, I would agree that this is close to town center. The main police station is on Hwy. 36, about 7 kilomets from there. The reason for the traffic at the Sukumvit junction is because it is a main artery for the tour buses to be able to travel straight through to Hwy. 36, and head back to Bangkok. Yes, it is very near Jomtien. It is old money in Huay Yai. They have owned their land for generations, and they will ask for whatever they feel they can get. (Don't we all?) Very family orientated, quiet town, with a lot to offer. Take a look. The other post mentioned to go down the road along the railroad tracks. This is also known on many maps as the BYPASS road.

The Huay Yai police station is on the 331, not the 36.

The Huay Yai police station is on the 331, not the 36.

I should never try to respond to a post before 7am. You are very correct. I am going for more coffee now.

• Like 2

I fear the junction of Hue Yai and Sukhumvit will become very busy as more and more tour buses and weekend traffic try to get onto the main road.

Make sure you are a bit higher up, Hue Yai means big water and the low lying areas often turn into a flood plain, a friend has a house there and has been flooded a few times.

• Like 1

Land prices have skyrocketed in the past few years. It's almost cheaper to buy an existing house now. The Baan Balina estates are quite nice, as is Silk Road not too far away.

As mentioned above, the Huay Yai/Suk intersection is an absolute mess right now. Another option is a bit further down Suk. Ban Amphur and even Bang Saray. Lots of options in and around these areas.

• Like 2

Finding just half a rai is getting hard to find. Five years ago, I put about a half rai of land up for sale and it sold within 2 weeks! After the floods occurred in Bangkok a few years ago, most of the small plots were bought up by the Bangkokians. You'll probably have to check out one of the new housing developments being built, of which there are several. Signs are posted all along Huai Yai Road.

Hi BB1950. I've got a 1.2 rai plot in Huay Yi I am thinking of selling. Can you tell me how you advertised your land for sale when it sold so quickly? And approx how much to ask for it. It has about 50 meters of paved road on one side, is fenced, has electricity/phone to the property, and a small pond on it?

There are several of 1 rai+ plots of land in the area. Many being offered are overpriced and hence don't sell so easily! The OP specifically mentioned a half a rai which is harder to find. 10+ years ago you could get plots for about 200,000 Baht/rai. Now it's more like 2,000,000+ Baht/rai! You mentioned that it has a small pond which sounds like it might need to be filled as it may be a plot that's susceptible to flooding.There are many plots like that. Years ago they were small rice patties.

The plot I sold 5 years ago was about 0.45 rai. The government had just put in a new cement road which ran along one side and I had the land along the adjacent side deeded to the government to put in a short soi. The plot was on a slight hill higher than the surrounding roads. The plot had 3 phase power brought to one corner of the plot. The asking price was $750,000 baht which wasn't discounted. I advertised it through Baht&Sold. Generally, plots of land that are 1 million baht or less are much easier to sell as it makes building a house much more affordable.

Edited by BB1950
  • Like 2

Thanks All. I'd be happy with 1 rai max. In a good area but I won't pay over the odds!

My wife is Thai & she's keen to buy the Thai way - word of mouth for plots that'll never be advertised.

I don't mind.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, gaff said:

Hello, can someone tell me where the new highway to Utapao connects to Huay Yai ?

It seems that Google street view has not been updated ?

This is the end of Huay yai on the north side, and no highway ?!

https://goo.gl/fgFGyv

Thank you.

The google picture on your post is many years out of date but if you follow that road along toward Hue Yai for about 5 or 6k you will come to the construction, difficult to say exactly where it is as it has all changed, but I think it is somewhere close to the attached picture and map

Highway.jpg

• Like 2

There's another connection to the new road on the road going north from Ban Bueng school on the above map. Once the new road is built it should take the pressure off the railway road and the weekend mess at the Huay Yai junction.

We have lived out here for four years now and would never go back to where we used to live in Pratumnak; it is so peaceful  here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FracturedRabbit said:

There's another connection to the new road on the road going north from Ban Bueng school on the above map. Once the new road is built it should take the pressure off the railway road and the weekend mess at the Huay Yai junction.

We have lived out here for four years now and would never go back to where we used to live in Pratumnak; it is so peaceful  here.

Hello,

I understand you ! Pattaya or even Jomtien are awful now, just good for tourists.

Can you show me on a map where is the new road that you are talking about ?

And where should I look around Huay yai to find a house to rent (or land to build a house).

Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gaff said:

Hello,

I understand you ! Pattaya or even Jomtien are awful now, just good for tourists.

Can you show me on a map where is the new road that you are talking about ?

And where should I look around Huay yai to find a house to rent (or land to build a house).

Thank you.

The atached, very roughly, shows where the new road crosses Huay Yai. There is a further crossing to the south. The crossing for soi 43 is already complete and in use, have not been down to see the actual Huay Yai crossing for a while.  
I suggest driving trawling the real estate sites to find potential properties and then driving around the area checking these out and also finding other places not on the listings. You can have a look at the road crossings at the same time!

road.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hello

can anyone give me feedback on a good estate to look at when looking to purchase a villa with a pool. The Baan Balina estates seem to be quite high profile.

any feedback would be appreciated, mostly looking for a secure well managed estate, as my daughter will only use the villa periodically. So security is a key factor.

i don’t know the area at all, although have driven around there a few times.

thanks.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 5/3/2015 at 8:42 PM, BB1950 said:

I've lived in Huai Yai for about 10 years now and never once regretted the move from Jomtien. I never had any problems! Whereas in Jomtien I had several burglaries. The baht buses stop about 5pm and don't start until 5am so it helps keep the bad guys away. Although I've had the telephone cable stolen by the copper thieves a few times.

Like everything around Pattaya it's getting more crowded and prices are going up. But the area is still nice, peaceful and quite and it's still much cooler because of the vegetation around. But it's disappearing quickly because of all the construction. It will probably get worse when the extension of Highway 7 is completed in a few years.

Huai Yai is a huge area and so is Jomtien, so the distance to Jomtien varies considerably. Average distance is about 10 Km.

hello, do you know if cheap houses are available to rent there ? around 10000 thb / month ?

thank you.