Uncontested Divorce but wife have new name and citizenship...

SamBoyles

Hi there!

I posted before... but I have new update....

husband - US Citizen

wife - Filipina passport when married but now US Citizen and have different name when became US Citizen

We were married in early 2011 in Bangkok - I forgot the Ampour name but we are mutually agreed to get uncontested divorce. We have no child or property to split.

She recently become US Citizen and changed her first and last name. She have her old Filipina pasport (with her old name) that we use for marriage and her new US Passport (with her new name).

Her name change is legit since we have US District Court name change paper work. In the USA, you have a choice to change name when become naturalized US Citizen.

So... correct me if I'm wrong...

We are planning to go to Bang Rak ampour for uncontested divorce.

We are going to fill out the form as follow:

Name of wife: Filipina Name as her name in marriage certificate and Filipina passport and behind it (alias US new name as in her new US passport)

For example it will be like: Miranda Perez (alias Kathy Perry)

Where Miranda Perez is her Filipina name and Kathy Perry is her US name.

Would that be the correct way to do it? We are not using any lawyer but a friend that speaks Thai & English will be our translator and a witness. We are going to pay someone at Ampour for 2nd witness.

We are not picky if the divorce certificate showing Miranda Perez or Kathy Perry since either name will be valid in USA.

We are bringing:

both original marriage certificate, US District Court name change order, her Filipina & US passports, my US passport, and US Naturalization paper just in case.

I know... the problem can be easily solved if she enter the Kingdom with Filipina passport... but we bought ticket with her new name... so therefore we have to enter kingdom with her US passport.

If I don't have (alias Kathy Perry) on the application... I don't have entry stamp on the Filipina passport... so the divorce might be denied...

What is "alias" in thai? Can someone write it for me? Should I use "alias" or "new name"?

Thanks much.

Sorry I cannot offer anything of substance - other than a wish that things go well for both of you. It seems you aren't the type to get all acrimonious and such.

That speaks volumes about your good attitude.

Attitude = Altitude

Best Regards,

R and Y

Sorry I cannot offer anything of substance - other than a wish that things go well for both of you. It seems you aren't the type to get all acrimonious and such.

Attitude = Altitude

Best Regards,

R and Y

Thanks... actually she was in no position to afford medical care that she desperately needed and at the time I offered my help since I was working for a company that pretty much gave the best insurance in the world almost free. I knew her for a long time but I didn't know that she was very sick. I don't have much money but it is the only way to save her. Yes, most of the time it is someone from the family that sick blah blah blah... but this time it is her... Anyway, the short story of it... she is now doing exteremely well... and time for us to part away. We are more like brother and sister now.

What is her sickness? Well... it is a very common problem.... most girls doesn't know the danger of liquid silicons injected directly to your breasts.... yes that's what happened to her... her friend lied saying it is harmless since it is only water (saline?) but in reality it was liquid silicon. She ended up lost both breasts, masectomy was the only solution and doctor have to scrapped all silicon all over her chest. Scary stuff... You should see the exam picture... it lighted up like Christmas lights.... so shiny. 15 hours on operating table.... it is over now...

why some people reply when the first line is : sorry cannot help you

than maybe, don't post ???

some people feel obliged to reply to every single post for their count? it is not that you get points from TVF that is worth anything

the only thing they are good at handling out are moderated crazyness with godlike syndrome :: I KNOW BAN YOU FOR 24 hours / 3 days / 10 days, LIFETIME BAN

yes, it is hard after a ban to just create a new one, right ?

Attitude = Altitude

Best Regards,

R and Y

Thanks... actually she was in no position to afford medical care that she desperately needed and at the time I offered my help since I was working for a company that pretty much gave the best insurance in the world almost free. I knew her for a long time but I didn't know that she was very sick. I don't have much money but it is the only way to save her. Yes, most of the time it is someone from the family that sick blah blah blah... but this time it is her... Anyway, the short story of it... she is now doing exteremely well... and time for us to part away. We are more like brother and sister now.

What is her sickness? Well... it is a very common problem.... most girls doesn't know the danger of liquid silicons injected directly to your breasts.... yes that's what happened to her... her friend lied saying it is harmless since it is only water (saline?) but in reality it was liquid silicon. She ended up lost both breasts, masectomy was the only solution and doctor have to scrapped all silicon all over her chest. Scary stuff... You should see the exam picture... it lighted up like Christmas lights.... so shiny. 15 hours on operating table.... it is over now...

OMG, what a terrible situation for you and your ex/wife, but as someone said both your attitudes are of the finest. As they say from Oz. "Good on yer mate."

I would suggest you consult a lawyer , or go to the Amphur where your marriage was registered and ask them the requirements for an uncontested divorce .

I suspect that there is no need for her to travel , just to send a legally accredited letter that can be officially translated into Thai .

why some people reply when the first line is : sorry cannot help you

than maybe, don't post ???

some people feel obliged to reply to every single post for their count? it is not that you get points from TVF that is worth anything

the only thing they are good at handling out are moderated crazyness with godlike syndrome :: I KNOW BAN YOU FOR 24 hours / 3 days / 10 days, LIFETIME BAN

yes, it is hard after a ban to just create a new one, right ?

I think he at least offered some little help though he said he couldn't help. He tried to give the meaning of nickname in Thai. You have given just nothing and you have commented. So he is better than you according to me.

AKA or FKA, also known as, formerly known as.

Four years isn't much of a chance. Why don't you make more short your question and , ask the lawyer?

This is a legal matter. Though it doesn't sound like she'll be running after you post divorce.

Good luck.

if you were to cop any flak in the court, about the name change...

I'd be in the judge's face with the most gruesome of the selection of post-op photos of the ex's mutilated chest.

Offer to him that she felt forced to become so different a person, she lost face too much, and had to start new life

Shock Tactics

Sorry I was away for a while but I have updates hopefully will benefit someone...

We went to local Ampour and they declined to do our divorce since we dont have our US passport certified (front page with picture) and the lady at counter didn't even want to listen about our case. I told her that other Ampour doesn't required passport certifications. She said nobody speaks good English in that office so we need to have certification. Yes, I brought along 2 girls that speaks Thai. Then she said I can go to bigger district that doesn't require certification.

Then we went to bigger district n sure enough no US passport certification necessary. This good... Not so fast. The guy said we need an affidavit stating her name changed from US Embassy in Bangkok. Okay... Off we went to US Embassy.

A few years ago you can do notarial services without appoitment but now it is a must. Well there were not any available appointment until next week. Oh f me. We were done since we are leaving Thailand this weekeend. No appointment no certification....

As we were lost what to do next and walking away... A guy said that maybe he can help so at this time are open to any way out. We went to his office where he is working not far from the embassy. We met the owner of the visa service company. The company have no negative review when I googled it. He said he can help.

Well it was not cheap but considering it is the only option we thought he had to know someone in Ampour to grease our situation.

Somehow the owner managed to get appointment with US Embassy the following morning. No. It is all legit but there is a bit tricky how to get this appointment.

I will continue tomorrow with details... But basically we were able to get her affidavit certified. A simply trick.... Stay tune