2010/11 VW Scirocco price

I love the Scirocco, many times wished I owned one.

2nd hand they are a good deal now - the reason is that VW Thailand brought in a load of them, and while the list price was around 2.4m a lot were sold ex demo or similar for around 1.8-2.1m, and so those cars some are coming onto the market again now, and like a MINI they are a 3 door with a bit of a niche appeal. Often owned as a 2nd 'fun car' so many are quite low mileage. Having owned a Cooper S I would describe the Scirocco as probably similar speed (faster with a stage 1 tune for sure, and way faster with a stage 2 tune) but a lot better made; the MINI is pretty flimsy.

The only bad thing on the Roc is the backseats, the whole sitting in the backseat thing is quite depressing due to the window line and low ceiling; more dark than the MINI but obviously you can actually sit there (a MINI you cannot really). trunk is ok, with a high sill though, but I am sure you know the car from reviews.

There are 3 to choose from 2010 on taladrod right on 1-1.19m

http://www.taladrod.com/w20/Search/TbSch3F_40.aspx#mk:26+md:364

The 1.19m one has done 20,000km for example; the cheapest first one has been tuned already but has done 50,000km....so really this is only Mazda 3 money for a lightly used car (around about) although the 3 or the Volvo V40 are the new cars with pricing closest to this sort of level (the A250 is a step up and the 116i is a bit underpowered to compare, the MINI is really the closest direct comparison but has its own issues).

Price drops a bit in year 4 since VW sold them with 75k/3 year warranty/service/maintenance - however it is a reliable enough car once it runs out you should be ok anyhow as long as the mileage isn't too bad and you live near a VW garage. I would personally not buy a grey one (grey is a parallel import version which has no support from VW Thailand).

Very rarely you see the R variant, but probably not worth it, as you can easily tune the 2.0tsi (since it is out of warranty anyhow) ECU to give you around 245HP, add on a sports exhaust and air intake, the wheels you can flick on some deep concaves and all up that's about 200k of investment which is less than the price jump to an R, which will be grey anyhow.

Good luck - I still think to buy one for my GF but she prefers the GTI Golf, sadly those tend to cost more than the Roc.

Thanks for the info, exactly what I was after. I'm also after one of these as a second 'fun' car and to make city driving a bit easier.

I was looking at taladrod and found this one but can't find a price? How does Taladrod work, would they take my current vehicle as a trade in against one of theirs or cash only? it also looks like they have their preferred vendor for finance as well, is that right? Have you ever dealt with them or know anyone that has?

http://www.one2car.com/for-sale/volkswagen-scirocco-bangkok-metropolitan-lum-lukka/2135891/

Thanks.

Talarod is just a source just like one2car is which is what your link is from, they're not the dealer or the private party seller, you have to call the seller from the listing and see what kind of deal they'll make? If you use google translate you get a rough idea of what is being said. Google translate says contact dealer for price, so likely high, it's questionable why a 2011 has red plates though too unless those are just for listing purposes? Maybe the car is a repo and they don't want the previous owner to know in case they're looking for it? I'd be cautious on that one IMO. Red plates definitely covering another tag. For my taste and money though I'd have to have THAT car with a manual, it has a nice, rich looking interior contrast though.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Talarod is just a source just like one2car is which is what your link is from, they're not the dealer or the private party seller, you have to call the seller from the listing and see what kind of deal they'll make? If you use google translate you get a rough idea of what is being said. Google translate says contact dealer for price, so likely high, it's questionable why a 2011 has red plates though too unless those are just for listing purposes? Maybe the car is a repo and they don't want the previous owner to know in case they're looking for it? I'd be cautious on that one IMO. Red plates definitely covering another tag. For my taste and money though I'd have to have THAT car with a manual, it has a nice, rich looking interior contrast though.

Thanks for the info and advice, much appreciated.

Don't own a Scirocco but a Golf GTI.

Those are great cars to drive around especially for the money second hand.

I however had a couple of issues with mine you need to be aware of as they seem to come up quite a bit after I researched with those cars.

Main problem might be the DSG: prone to problems, therefore you want to look well under the car and see if there is any gear oil leakage, etc. Had to spend quite a bit on my DSG after only 10,000km....although after that now at 30,000km all is still going well.

Had to replace my ignition coils as one connector burned out. (no biggy, but with less than 30,000km should not happen). Ordered parts from America at half the price and still faster delivery. (ordered Monday, parts arrived Thursday....wow).

Europaparts it was and i can only highly recommend them.

The cars are seriously fast when pushed, especially with a little remap.

If it would have a stick....I would love it even more....:)

My take: the Golf GTI has the newer engine as well as a newer interior than the Scirocco and is more practical as well as easier to drive in town (visibility), but both are nice cars.

Another more "down to earth" option design wise and maybe even more prone to issues (not sure about that) second hand Skoda Fabia vRS. Have seen only one second hand on one2car....yellow, low KMs under 1m.

Or a nearly new VW Polo same website for just over 1m.

And yes, MINIs are more flimsy for sure...and not as comfy...but have a certain 'fun, raw, feel good' factor which is hard to explain and the VW group products can't really get to that point....as they are more sophisticated and 'adult'.

cheers