How to take a baht bus to Index Living Mall @ Sukhumvit ?

thairookie

I am going to stay at Pattaya 2nd Road, Red Planet Hotel, f.k.a. Tune Hotel. I'm familiar with the baht bus routes within the inner circle of Pattaya, but Sukhumvit is something new to me.

Where can I take a baht bus to get me to Index which I believe is between North and Central along Sukhumvit ?

And on my return, how to get to Jomtien from Sukhumvit ?

Baht buses run up and down Pattaya Klang**, so hop on one that is going towards Sukhumvit road. Get off at Sukhumvit road and it is a short walk to Index (turn left towards Pattaya north). **This is assuming that this route has not been changed due to the road works - I don't think it has.

The journey from Index to Jomtien would depend on which part of Jomtien you are visiting.

Probably best to cross over Sukhumvit road using the footbridge and catch one of the white baht buses going south. If you want the north end of Jomtien, get off at the junction with Theprasit road and catch a blue baht bus down Theprasit road towards the beach. If you want south Jomtien, stay on the bus until the junction with Chaiyapruk road (crossroad with traffic lights about 2km past Makro) then hop on a blue baht bus on Chaiyapruk road heading west, down to the beach.

Or, you could walk back to Pattaya Klang from Index and catch a blue baht bus back into town and get on the regular routes to Jomtien.

Well put! Also, easy to get a scooter taxi. Probably 70B or so to Jomtien? It will save you a bunch of time....and perhaps a bit of time standing on Suk waiting for the next baht bus. Last time I had to wait about 20 minutes.

Well put! Also, easy to get a scooter taxi. Probably 70B or so to Jomtien? It will save you a bunch of time....and perhaps a bit of time standing on Suk waiting for the next baht bus. Last time I had to wait about 20 minutes.

Do they still insist that you wear a helmet, even as pillion rider ?

Baht buses run up and down Pattaya Klang**, so hop on one that is going towards Sukhumvit road. Get off at Sukhumvit road and it is a short walk to Index (turn left towards Pattaya north). **This is assuming that this route has not been changed due to the road works - I don't think it has.

The journey from Index to Jomtien would depend on which part of Jomtien you are visiting.

Probably best to cross over Sukhumvit road using the footbridge and catch one of the white baht buses going south. If you want the north end of Jomtien, get off at the junction with Theprasit road and catch a blue baht bus down Theprasit road towards the beach. If you want south Jomtien, stay on the bus until the junction with Chaiyapruk road (crossroad with traffic lights about 2km past Makro) then hop on a blue baht bus on Chaiyapruk road heading west, down to the beach.

Or, you could walk back to Pattaya Klang from Index and catch a blue baht bus back into town and get on the regular routes to Jomtien.

Is there one that travels from Pattaya 2nd Road and turn right into Pattaya Klang ?

I am actually returning to Thappraya before Pan Pan.

Another thing to remember, it is less hassle to take a motor bike taxi to your destination, (wear helmet,don't be shy to say "cha-cha" -slow) if you need to go to Big C extra, Homepro or Index and if you plan to buy a lot or stock up on something, then rent one of those private songtaews to return to your apartment. They're expensive but if you do it once a month- no big deal. If you want to purchase a lot of groceries or items at Big C or Tesco, these places also deliver within the same day. There is a minimum (of course) it how much you spend.

Do they still insist that you wear a helmet, even as pillion rider ?

If you were involved in an accident do you expect only the driver would be injured?

Is there one that travels from Pattaya 2nd Road and turn right into Pattaya Klang ?

I am actually returning to Thappraya before Pan Pan.

I live right by there. My way would be take the white or light blue baht bus on Suk to the lights at Thepprasit then walk across intersection and take a dark blue one from next to Outlet Mall down to Thappraya.