Tailor

Rumourz

If you can get over to the Sukumvit area then try Raja's Tailors located on Sukumvit Soi 4 opposite the Nana Hotel. They have been in business for many years. i have been happy with the several items I had made there over the years.

....Prices depend on the materials, in general you get what you pay for. A good quality

suit should be around 7,000 Baht.

Sorry, no. Only at a tourist tailor.

Any tailor in Bangkok worthy of the name charges at the very least B20,000 for a reasonable quality suit professionally made from reasonably good all-wool fabric. Prices can, however, rise much higher than that at the best places. Say B40,000 to B60,000 is not unusual for top fabrics.

Use common sense. What would a good suit off the rack from a name brand retailer cost in the US? At least $500 to $750. Here you can get better fabric custom taiored at roughly the same price. But you're not going to get something similar for half price. Real world economics doesn't work that way.

If you pay B7000 for a suit, you're going to get yourself a $175 suit. Go to Macy's sometime and see what you get for $175. Don't expect anymore than that here.

Edited by OldAsiaHand

You need a good tailor, I had one done in MBK before and it was sh1thouse, after messuring up it and went to collect it I tryied it on atthe shop and it didnt fit properly, I told them I wasnt gonna pay for it as it didnt fit I was paying 8000 baht. They said I have to pay or they will keep my 20% deposit, I said ok cya, they chased me down and said ok ok i will do another one. 2nd time round they got it perfect to my surprise and they treated me like a realy customer.

I also been to pantip plaza, second or third floor he is an old guy and he makes great suits, was reccomended to me by an abassador of indonesia in thailand, I went there order a suit and shirt was ready in a few days and fitted great. I also decided I wanted a few other shirts 2 days before leaving for sydney and I went there asking if he could do it.

He did a great service and rang me to meet me atthe airport to drop them off, he came in person and gave them to me just before I checked in, thats what I call service and a suit and 3 shirts cost me 7500 baht approx. That suit I wear alot and is better then any suit I have owned. Havent used it for awhile now but it would be worth close to 1000 dollars here in Oz.

The place in pantip looks dodgy but the work is great

Wow!! I am flooded with good tips now! That's good. FYI I am a lady btw... I am not a tall big lady but more like a small petitte ones. I will only be in BKK for 5 days and I wish to tailor make my suit on my first day there and hopefully I will pick up my suit by the 4th day. Is it possible or I am asking for an impossible mission here? I think I need 2 at the moment.

Once again, thanks to you lots!! :D:o

Edited by Rumourz

I will only be in BKK for 5 days and I wish to tailor make my suit on my first day there and hopefully I will pick up my suit by the 4th day. Is it possible or I am asking for an impossible mission here? I think I need 2 at the moment.

Once again, thanks to you lots!! :D:o

If you go there on your first day, you should be fine. :D

Cheers,

crockett

since ure going to be around soi 8, i got another shop for u that has suited me up fabulously over the years. Shop name Crown Tailor in soi 8. I lost the card so i dont have any more details for u sadly. But he's been doing an awesome job for me and i got good suits for good prices.