Private tutors for Apple operating system instructions ?

Lumbini

I have many friends here in Bangkok who have never owned Apple products before and they are now buying iPhones , Apple computers and Apple tv's and have no idea how to use them and set them up missing much potential . They are always asking me to show them this or that and ask for lots of help and call frequently with questions as I have used Apple products in my business for decades but my time is limited . I was wondering if there are any services or private teachers in Bangkok I could forward them to who could help them to set up and learn their new Apple purchases or even help them buy the right things and how much and hour they would need to pay . Possibly there are private coaches or tutor that are available for an hourly fee ? There may even be companies one can pay to get training by the hour that not only teach how to use the devices and the operating systems but help set them up with the iCloud connectivity that is now possible between all of the products under the Apple roof. So many people I know here in Bangkok are purchasing Apple products ( seems it starts with iPhone then when it's time to buy new computer buy Apple instead of another Windows device ) and seem to be coming from a Windows environment or have owned an Android device in the past and now see the benefits of having all of their devices Apple so they have the interconnectivity thats possible with the operating systems and its something they can participate in . If anyone knows of private individuals or companies and the cost please let me know so when I get asked " can you help me again with my iPhone or MacBook I just got I can not just say " not right now " and give them some ideas on where they can get some good one on one time with good coach and leave it up to them if they want to pay as helping others with computer issues is getting old but it's hard to say no if you have no one you can send them to . The times I have helped people they not too attentive and feel if they were paying someone ( not me I not know that much really ) they would make more effort and not waste their time and mine . Thanks in advance [emoji120]

Edited by Lumbini

The Apple seller in Samui (iBeats?) was giving demonstrations on iOS, iPhone and iPad when I was last there in January. Seeing as they are a large chain, with branches in the big malls in BKK, it might be worth asking there.

I have asked several people working at iStudio when I run across someone who is really sharp and there are a few here and there that really make it their job to know so much inside and out and maybe their passion for Apple stuff may be reason they got the job . With that said I always ask if they are available after hours for private coaching and attempt to get their number so I have ready when people ask me for help but always they say no no no , they never did this and seem really uncomfortable in working for others outside of job ? Maybe they are not allowed to help others and that's the stores policy ? I do tell people to ask for them and give that particular store location when someone tells me they are off to buy and Apple product in hopes they will buy from that helpful sakes person and get help right there . Would be a good business for someone but Thai's seem uncomfortable with having own business and really like the steady pay check of working at company and do not want to risk breaking any company rules and possibly loose job . I know teachers here who are afraid to tutor kids after school as schools they work for forbid them to tutor after working hours . Lately I send most people who asked for help to YouTube but as operating systems and hardware changes if they get the wrong video then there really lost .

• 9 months later...

​Valuable topic. Thank you, Lumbini for starting a thread about this. I'm ready to hire and pay a consultant for advice about using my MacBook Pro. ​I have an assortment of questions and a few annoying problems. Would like to find someone who knows more than I do.

​I tried advertising on Craig's List, but no luck. Similar no luck finding a consultant at Elance.com. I thought with many "digital nomads" in Thailand, would be easy to find someone for consulting on Mac IOS.

You Tube is really the best teacher with so many great teachers and demonstrations . With that said most can go far with this resource but when someone like my mom or girlfriends parents get their first Mac or iPad having a one on one with another person to take them through the basics would be popular . Also when kids get these devices if parent could have a teacher come over and help kid for a few hours to get started and set up preferences this would also be popular . Parents spend much on private schools for kids here and kids could get much help from a MacBook Pro and iPad but who is gonna teach them and set up ? ( their parents have phones but barley know how to use them ) So many in Bangkok hungry for good paying work and almost no one available to provide private one on one help for iOS devices and Apple computers ? Go figure [emoji15]

Edited by Lumbini

Most people using Macs in Thailand have installed bootcamp and run Windows on it for "ease of use".

Most of the iStudio stores do run basic workshop courses around once a month, they normally post a schedule of what they are offering in the store.

Sent from my turnip using Tapatalk