Beach Access In Chaweng (2)

I know there was a thread on this two years ago, but it has been archived.

Anyway seems that access to the beach has been blocked by many hotels, only one place did I see signs that indicated free access to the beach, and that was the new walk way and night market opening late last month. I did find I could walk through the Ark Bar unchallenged also, because the Beach Road is separated from the beach it seems pointless trek down each soi just to see if there is access at the end, as I was staying near the Ice Bar, my best access was through Sio Green Mango to the Ark Bar, the other way for me would be through the Central Festival Mall but I was unsure if the were any access to the beach opposite Starbucks?

Is it legal, my guess is the many of the hotels that built across beach access points go permission from the Land Registry by payments under the counter, am I right in thinking many Land Registries are now under investigation for such dealings, maybe the answer here is where beach access is blocked and there used to be a right of way the hotels and other businesses should clearly provide and mark paths one can access the beach unhindered.

The little shopping plaza next to Iyara Hotel also has access to the beach, North Chaweng, just before it turns into one way street.

Chaweng Noi Beach is also lacking proper beach access, there is a path to the beach just after the turning to the Jungle Club (heading towards Lamai) but sometimes the gate is closed.

Is it legal? Haha this is Samui

Yes, it's a real pain getting on to Chawang beach, not that I go there often .... bah.gif

I have walked through hotels some times when I do go, but just north of Centura ( Centara?) Grand Hotel there is a beach access road... I think one other hotel, (can't think of the name) and a few shops before the access ...

Usually room for motorbike parking there depending on time of day and time of year!

The public access to Chaweng Beach has for years been the sandy beach soi where Chaweng Beach Road change from one way to traffic in both directions, about middle with the road by the "night market" coming from boxing stadium, police station and Lambdin Market - must be same as Samui Jimmy mention as "north of Centara". There use to be a metal sign/portal over the soi-entrance saying something like “Chaweng Beach”.

Agree with above regarding the beach soi where the ring road turns from one way to 2 way when heading south. The Jet ski guys use this soi to get their equipment onto the beach.

You can usually also access the beach a little back up the road next to the new Ozo Hotel. There's a large parking lot there used sometimes at night as a small market. The parking lot is used for The Monkey Bar but you can easily access the beach from it.

Actually behind the shopping plaza with the clock tower that's the Iyara hotel, but it looks like beach access. Easy beach accesses are through the Soi next to Baan Had Ngam, clock tower shopping plaza, Tops super, way opp. bigger Mcdonald's, Soi next to Tradewinds, way next to First Bungalow ....