Small investors show significant confidence in Thailand in May

webfact

Small investors show significant confidence in Thailand in May

BANGKOK, 12 May 2015 (NNT) - The Federation of Thai Capital Market Organization (FETCO) has revealed that the investor confidence index has increased by 30 percent in May from a previous month.

The recent survey by FETCO has indicated that the index this month has risen from April to 102.72 points. The figure also means that the confidence level will remain positive within the next three months.

The confidence levels among small investors have improved significantly, while large foreign investors have become less confident in the country. Most are interested in the energy sector and infrastructure development projects.

On the other hand, their least favorite investment was in the agro-industry.

FETCO believed the economy will expand by 3.4 percent, due in part to the government’s continuous stimulus programs and the Bank of Thailand’s lower interest rate policy. It added that the export sector will likely remain sluggish this year.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-05-12 footer_n.gif

Small domestic investors are interested in the energy sector and infrastructure...[emoji52]

Whomever in the propaganda ministry writing the news can do better, it's insulting that they are getting too lazy to even make it believable now.

"FETCO believed the economy will expand by 3.4 percent, due in part to the government’s continuous stimulus programs"

I guess FETCO didn't get the memo from Deputy PM for Economy M.R. Pridiyathorn Devakula:

"the country’s economy was in fact affected by the lackluster global economy caused by the dramatic oil price drop. Hence, there is no need for the government to issue an economic stimulus package to solve uncontrollable factors." 2015-05-06

In fact the government has been relunctant to deliver any significant economic stimulus since 2014 and unlikely to do so throughout 2015:

"Analysts tip the government to spend its way out of trouble, despite a vow to toghten the purse strings after what it says were years of profligacy from elected civilian government. The military has promised to unleash billions of dollars on much-needed infrastructure projects. But the money is yet to kick into the economy."

2015-02-11

Edited by Srikcir

If there is no government stimulus why is it every time I go into Bangkok bank the interest rate they will pay me for a term deposit has dropped. Sure does not stimulate me much. Thailand has finally joined the rest of the world racing to the bottom of the interest rate cut pool. They seem to have come to the party a tad late.

For the Love of God , Make it stop

Yes I have a pounding migraine over all this positive pudding we are being spoon fed. I am almost believing that Santa and The Easter Bunny are real.

This is beyond Santa and the Bunny ...into the realm of the tooth fairy

Oddly enough the BP has a leading story about THAI returning to profit this month too due to cheap oil, and exchange rates.. not a mention on TVF??

Seems there's a remarkable return to happiness, and Utopia, in the LOS, or the propaganda wagon has been in overdrive today?

With huge Bond outflows from the country, the SET erasing all its 2015 gains, and the Baht at its weakest since 2009, record personal and household debt, along with the many other reports of falling exports, Etc, Etc, Etc, sure seems like time for the investors to be confident