Can I Keep One2Call Open?

Tecumseh

Hi

I have had a number for many years using One2Call on my phone

I will be travelling around the world for about a year maybe more.

I don't need to make calls on this phone/card, but is there a way I can keep the number open to receive texts?

Or do I just need to top it up so that the expiry date is 1/2 years in the future?

Thanks

Before leaving: register it to your name (if not already). No one knows what will happen after July 31, 2015 if not registered.

Maybe just topping it up for a few hundred baht will give you the time you need.

Can be done cheaper.
1-2-call can be topped up for up to one year in advance.

You can do that:

either at the orange colored self-service machines at every 7/11 (not at the counter!!!).

You have to top up in single steps(!) of 10 Baht/month, 2 Baht fee. So 12 Baht per month.

or go to an AIS service center. Some also have self service machines which serve the purpose or ask for help.

(where do you live).

Last time I tried at AIS I had to topup for 20 Baht per step. Don't remember what the effect was.

Don't try other sale channels or higher amounts per step: will not work,

Not 10 months for 100 Baht. But 10 months for 10 times 10 Baht.

Funny but true!

More than one year in advance? I am not aware of a way to do that.

Do you have contacts/friends in Thailand?

The topup can be done without having the phone/SIM at hand.

Everyone can do for you.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Maybe do a top up before leaving Thailand, and if you have a Thai Bank account, check to see if you can do online top-ups. I have done them via K-bank. Very easy. Or even top up from the phone, but not sure if will work from outside Thailand. See below:

http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/ServicesChannel/SearchServiceChannel/MobilePhone/Pages/K-SpeedTopUp.aspx

You should be able to check the expiry date of any top-ups on your phone.

Edited by phetphet

Before leaving: register it to your name (if not already). No one knows what will happen after July 31, 2015 if not registered.

Maybe just topping it up for a few hundred baht will give you the time you need.

Can be done cheaper.

1-2-call can be topped up for up to one year in advance.

You can do that:

either at the orange colored self-service machines at every 7/11 (not at the counter!!!).

You have to top up in single steps(!) of 10 Baht/month, 2 Baht fee. So 12 Baht per month.

or go to an AIS service center. Some also have self service machines which serve the purpose or ask for help.

(where do you live).

Last time I tried at AIS I had to topup for 20 Baht per step. Don't remember what the effect was.

Don't try other sale channels or higher amounts per step: will not work,

Not 10 months for 100 Baht. But 10 months for 10 times 10 Baht.

Funny but true!

More than one year in advance? I am not aware of a way to do that.

Do you have contacts/friends in Thailand?

The topup can be done without having the phone/SIM at hand.

Everyone can do for you.

Thanks KBQ

How to do Top Up's without inputting the Top Up code into your phone, say from South America?

You can see I'm light years away from a smart phone

If I want a few months of validity I go to a mom n pop place nearby and have them to back-to-back 30 baht topups for each month I want.

And there is this snip-it from the AIS Call Center 1175 FaceBook Page

AIS Call Center

You can extend validity by two methods; first, you can top up with minimum amount 50 Baht and get validity extend for 30 days or another is to subscribe Mao Mao 30 Baht/package to extend 30 days. Besides package subscription 30 Baht, you will get free 30 minutes for local call within 5 days (the free minute is only using in Thailand).

You can dial *500*9# (for AIS One-2-Call) or *777*30# (for AIS 3G One-2-Call) even you are in Thailand or oversea (the operator should be supported with USSD code).

Please be noted that your mobile number status should be activate to subscribe Mao Mao 30. If the status is Suspend, you should top up to make the status activate first.

Not sure what plan I have with AIS. About 5 years ago I talked to someone at a AIS customer service office in Bangkok and she changed it for me. Now anytime I top up with any amount the validity is extended for another full year. I think they still expect some activity incoming or outgoing. Not sure what would happen if it was totally idle for 12 months.

Not sure what plan I have with AIS. About 5 years ago I talked to someone at a AIS customer service office in Bangkok and she changed it for me. Now anytime I top up with any amount the validity is extended for another full year. I think they still expect some activity incoming or outgoing. Not sure what would happen if it was totally idle for 12 months.

So if Tecumseh goes into 7/11 and tops it up for 50 baht, he can get a years validity and if he tops it up three separate times at 50 baht he gets 3 years validity?

Am I reading this right?

So if Tecumseh goes into 7/11 and tops it up for 50 baht, he can get a years validity and if he tops it up three separate times at 50 baht he gets 3 years validity?

Am I reading this right?

I used to hold several 'comp' accounts with major ISPs and Mobile Carriers in the US, so I'm sure that any knowledgeable 'someone' on the inside could modify a customer AIS Account to trigger longer validity at topups ...or other free things.

The question is, can the average SomChai get it by purchasing a special SIM, subscribing to a special promotion, requesting it from a CSR, typing a little known USSD, or hacking a special webpage?

Edited by RichCor

Am I reading this right?

No it's max one year, and I think you have to top up Bt500 (not sure if in parts or in total), then it will be valid for a year from the last topup date.

I have had the same AIS number for ten years and used to travel a lot, after an initial period ( not sure how long it was ) any top up even fifty baht extends the expiry to one year from date of top up. I also have AIS as a bill payee on my Bangkok Bank internet bank and can add credit anytime anywhere! ( as long as I have Internet connection)