Imported Beef - Hickory Pit

ThaiBob

There are not many places where you can buy imported meats in Jomtien. The Hickory Pit in front of the Royal Hill Condo on Thappraya Road sells meats (lamb, pork, and beef) from Australia and New Zealand. They sell angus and wagyu burger patties from Australia and have a nice selection of sauces and spices for the barbecue. I bought a ribeye and am anxious to try it.

The ribeye I had was very good, I have had some ok beef from Makro but nothing special and Makro is not in Jomtien.

Please tell me if Makro isn't in Jomtien then where is it assuming Pattaya ends and Jomtien starts at the Theprassit lights on the Suk?

The ribeye I had was very good, I have had some ok beef from Makro but nothing special and Makro is not in Jomtien.

Please tell me if Makro isn't in Jomtien then where is it assuming Pattaya ends and Jomtien starts at the Theprassit lights on the Suk?
When people refer to the Jomtien neighborhood and specifically local shopping they do not refer to Makro or Tesco South Pattaya off Thepprasit and on Sukumwit. There have been threads about the lack of supermarkets in Jomtien (everyone still waiting for Foodland) and Foodmart is our only supermarket and they don't sell high quality imported meats. And yes Makro does have a limited selection of frozen imported meats. Edited by ThaiBob

Some interesting comments here. When I want to throw some steaks on the BBQ I usually get imported, non-frozen, beef from Australia at Macro in, well you guess it,… Jomtien licklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-WpuUk8n

Edited by MTH

I have bought rib eyes from Hickory a few times & they are about as good as it gets. Better than I can get at top notch butchers in a Western Canada were we produce a lot of beef. Last time I went there they opened a new package and gave me a ruler to measure the cut I wanted. It is very expensive. The 1 3/4" cut was 730baht.

There are not many places where you can buy imported meats in Jomtien. The Hickory Pit in front of the Royal Hill Condo on Thappraya Road sells meats (lamb, pork, and beef) from Australia and New Zealand. They sell angus and wagyu burger patties from Australia and have a nice selection of sauces and spices for the barbecue. I bought a ribeye and am anxious to try it.

Sounds nice

Thanks for info. Will pop for a look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shortest trek to Makro is 6 kilometres from the Center (police box) of JomtienBeach.

7 kilometres if you take Theprasit to Sukhumvit and do the UTurn.

The Hickory Pit sounds good. Right on the baht bus route between Pattaya and Jomtien Beach.

This stretch of Thappraya road is gourmet ally now. There has been a renaissance the last 3 years since the road was finally paved.

LaBaquette all the way down to LaBocca lined with very good restaurants.

Edited by jamesjohnsonthird

Yes, it can be more expensive but my ribeye steak was excellent. The Thai owners seem knowledgeable and speak good English. Actually got into a conversation about the fat content of their burger patties. The angus patties from Australia are lean (10%)and not precooked like some other places that sell them. The waygu patties have the highest fat content which should make a tasty, juicy burger (not the healthiest) and I will try them next. (Try getting into a serious conversation about beef with your Thai butcher at your favorite store sometime).