30 day extension

If arriving in Thailand and get a 30 day stamp at the airport. Can you get a 30 day extension at the immigration office?

If so can it be done at any immigration office like pattaya or does it have to be done at Changwatana?

I read on a announcement for immigration as of August 2014 this could be done. Just seeing if anything has changed.

Oh ya it's for a U.S.citizen.

I just did this in Pattaya immigration.

Contrary to some old posts/info/policy, this does NOT have to be done on the last day of initial 30=day entry,

can be earlier as well (specifically stopped by prior to actual extension day to ask).

I did about a week before end of my initial 30 day stay. About 45min in-out due to waiting in queue.

When is the soonest and latest one can apply for their extension?

Up to 30 days before the date your current permit to stay ends. There is no latest day other the the date your permit to stay ends.

Up to 30 days before the date your current permit to stay ends. There is no latest day other the the date your permit to stay ends.
30 days before even on a 30 day entry stamp from the airport?

30 days before even on a 30 day entry stamp from the airport sorry.gif

Are there limits on doing these extensions?

For example: Lets say I arrive in bkk for first 30 day visa exempt then do 1st extension at immigration office. At the end of that 60 days I travel to Laos(land border) for a few days then come back(land border) and get 30 days again, then extend for another 30 at immigration office. Is this allowed?

Are there limits on doing these extensions?

For example: Lets say I arrive in bkk for first 30 day visa exempt then do 1st extension at immigration office. At the end of that 60 days I travel to Laos(land border) for a few days then come back(land border) and get 30 days again, then extend for another 30 at immigration office. Is this allowed?

No problem to get the extension.

It will only be a 15 day entry at a border crossing unless you are from a G7 country. You could probably do it once without a problem. Immigration at border crossings watch for back to back visa exempt entries.

Yes, it is allowed. But you cannot do it indefinately. Immirgation will probably question you after a few times and demand that you get a tourist visa.

Only plan to do it once. ie. 30+30ext & 30+30ext. Will outbound tickets and cash in pocket help to get the extension. At very least will they give a 7 day extension on the last one?

Are some immigration offices stricter than others?

Yes, it is allowed. But you cannot do it indefinately. Immirgation will probably question you after a few times and demand that you get a tourist visa.

Only plan to do it once. ie. 30+30ext & 30+30ext. Will outbound tickets and cash in pocket help to get the extension. At very least will they give a 7 day extension on the last one?

Are some immigration offices stricter than others?

The problem is getting the entry not the extension.

• Like 1