Yingluck pledges 30-million baht cash in savings account to secure release on court bail

webfact

She was ousted by an undemocratic military coup

If you believe in democracy then you have to respect her, she was elected fair and square.

The fact of the matter is jailing a democratically elected PM is a serious crime, she is not a criminal but a hostage

Now she paid 30 million for her freedom when she didnt even have to.

You seem unable to understand the difference between bail and a fine.

She has posted a 30 million baht surety (bail) as ordered by the court. Only if she fails to appear (like her good brother) , will she forfeit the bail money.

She has not been punished and she will return to court in July for further proceedings.

She is not yet a martyr, merely a participant.

This is Thai legal theater at its finest.

Doesnt change the fact that she is captive.

She was ousted by a coup

This trial does not have a legal base.

You cant demand bail from her, she is the legally elected prime minister.

Lukecan seems you never let the facts get in the way of a good fairy story........... The only people who elected Yingluck were members of the PTP and she wasn't ousted by a coup.

Posted: Dec 08, 2013"After listening to opinions from all sides, I have decided to request a royal decree to dissolve Parliament," Yingluck said, breaking into regular programming. "There will be new elections according to the democratic system." She said the Election Commission would set a date "as soon as possible."

December 9, 2013: "Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra dissolved the nation's parliament Monday and called for new elections. The country will hold new elections by February 2, but embattled Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra may not be her party's choice to run,"I don't know whether the Pheu Thai Party will still vote (for) her to run again or not," said spokesman Teerat Ratanasevi..."

​She then became the caretaker prime minister, but.........

7th May 2014"Thailand's caretaker prime minister, Yingluck Shinawatra, has been ordered to step down after a court found her guilty of abusing her power........"The prime minister's status has come to an end," one of the judges said in a statement broadcast live on television. "Yingluck can no longer stay in her position acting as caretaker prime minister."

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of you saying 30m baht is peanuts to her, remember that her declared assets were around 68 million baht (as memory serves). A figure that has not been contested by the assets division of the NACC.

YL is not super-rich, but has a 2 million dollar worth, which is about right for a mid-level moderately successful business woman 40+years old.

My issue is that EVERY PM in Thailand's history has failed to stop corruption in government. Why pick on YL?

Oh yes, we know why.

For all of you saying 30m baht is peanuts to her, remember that her declared assets were around 68 million baht (as memory serves). A figure that has not been contested by the assets division of the NACC.

YL is not super-rich, but has a 2 million dollar worth, which is about right for a mid-level moderately successful business woman 40+years old.

My issue is that EVERY PM in Thailand's history has failed to stop corruption in government. Why pick on YL?

Oh yes, we know why.

Thaksin openly bragged to Forbes that the Shin family wealth increased by 450% during the years his PTP were in government with little sis at the helm.

Now Forbes refer to this fortune as the family wealth, not Thaksin's.

So who knows who owns and hold which amounts throughout that family; or where it's hidden away, in which countries in whose names. As a family they seem to like travelling with lots of extra luggage.

Corruption - Thaksin convicted fugitive with 15 outstanding serious charges, Yingluck removed by a court for illegal abuse of power also banned from politics for 5 years and now facing court; fat sister and daughter, 5 year bans from politics each; thin sister and her husband fined for insider trading. That's before we start on the in-laws, cousin's, close cronies and lackeys. Do you think such a family would ever have stopped corruption? Re-directed where the proceeds went maybe.

Oh yes, we know why.

Thaksin openly bragged to Forbes that the Shin family wealth increased by 450% during the years his PTP were in government with little sis at the helm.

Now Forbes refer to this fortune as the family wealth, not Thaksin's.

So who knows who owns and hold which amounts throughout that family; or where it's hidden away, in which countries in whose names. As a family they seem to like travelling with lots of extra luggage.

Corruption - Thaksin convicted fugitive with 15 outstanding serious charges, Yingluck removed by a court for illegal abuse of power also banned from politics for 5 years and now facing court; fat sister and daughter, 5 year bans from politics each; thin sister and her husband fined for insider trading. That's before we start on the in-laws, cousin's, close cronies and lackeys. Do you think such a family would ever have stopped corruption? Re-directed where the proceeds went maybe.

I !love reading your answers and all your posts as they put me to sleep.

Let's get one thing clear, I am not a fan of the Shin clan nor the reds, or yellows as a fact.

Do you think that they are the only ones with their snouts in the trough ?

I can think of a bigger crook who is about to leave his hiding place and get his reward from the führer!

Biggest crook in Thailand!

Go on, say what you normally do, " this thread is not about " your a hypocrite

Have a nice day

Oh yes, we know why.

"....remember that her declared assets were around 68 million baht (as memory serves)."

It would seem that in your case you have a momentary loss of memory .

A little research might be a good idea.

Yingluck is a Shinawatra, they work in hundreds of millions or even billions.

"- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra had Bt603 million in assets and Bt28 million in liabilities. Her assets increased since taking office by more than Bt50 million."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Yinglucks-assets-rose-by-Bt50m-NACC-30226088.html

Edited by ratcatcher

Oh yes, we know why.

"....remember that her declared assets were around 68 million baht (as memory serves)."

"- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra had Bt603 million in assets and Bt28 million in liabilities. Her assets increased since taking office by more than Bt50 million."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Yinglucks-assets-rose-by-Bt50m-NACC-30226088.html

It should also be noted that she has said that her liabilities are loans from her big brother ?????

Oh yes, we know why.

It should also be noted that she has said that her liabilities are loans from her big brother ?????

isn't 600m the amount 'someone you love' got for a sale of land last year? or is it only because it's her?

How much was the bail for murder on a police man for the the Redbull kid?

I forgot, but something like 200.000??

If I recall right it was drunk driving and not murder

Oh yes, we know why.

isn't 600m the amount 'someone you love' got for a sale of land last year? or is it only because it's her?

You are correct. The story and other details are here.

http://www.chiangraitimes.com/prayuth-on-defensive-over-familys-600-million-baht-property-sale.html

And, no, I doubt it is only because it is her. Everybody loves Yingluck. She's a big girl now.

Fortunately both of these individuals have mouths big enough to enable them to remove their foot easily after it is plunged in.

So she gives them a savings account book with 30 m THB in and is

set free on bail, is that what happened?, if so ,do they realize she

could just apply for new book.

regards worgeordie

It would be better if she withdrew the cash and paid it to the government (they could get the interest on it...pays for some of the costs involved. ) If it's only a bankbook....it is worthless.

Pledging 30 million? Is this normal practise? How do they get the money out of her account if she skips? Has she signed a withdrawal slip?

Good to know if true that if the cops ever throw me in jail i can "pledge" to give them the money later.

Either way i cant wait to hear her "the dog ate my homework" excuse for the diabloical theft of hard working Thai people's money. It'll be a big show, she will probably get off but banned from politics for 5 years and continue on her merry way all the richer.

There is a SPECIAL PROCEDURE for Bail A/cs.

1/Should be Fixed Term A/C which continues to accrue interest. If the initial term expires, a new term begins automatically .

2/The Depositer fills in a special form (at the bank), pledging the A/C contents to the Court. During the Bail Period, the A/C remains effectively frozen.

3/The bank book is held by the Court, together with a copy of the Pledge Document.

In my own case, the Bail was 100,000, most of which was provided by Thai friends at short notice! Meanwhile my Farang friends looked on with amusement.

Despite the fact that I had prepared my Bail in advance, my corrupt accuser arranged for me to spend an afternoon in jail, with about 100 convicts (many wearing ankle chains), while my Bail was ever so slowly filed by the Court.

At least Yingluck will not be forced to sign Court papers, in a language she cannot understand, without a proper translation. This is the routine treatment of foreigners in Thai Courts.

Oh yes, we know why.

No, and try to get it out of your thick red head that just because someone does not support the shins they are a military Govt supporter.

The PM's father sold land in BKK for a fair market price, it was land that he had inherited and had been in the family for a considerable time.

What I and Ratcatcher posted is the truth, look up the meaning of the word and attempt to get some of it into your posts in future.

If every government leader in the world was made accountable for every failed scheme or policy, all former and current Prime Ministers, Presidents etc. should be jailed. They've all had failures that have cost their respective countries billions.

By inference, all world leaders are therefore inept to a (usually) greater or lesser degree.

Every government scheme/practice/activity in Thailand is rife with unstoppable corruption.

Yingluck has not been charged with any personal corruption - she is therefore being tried for being inept.

Maybe George Dubyah and Tony Blair should be tried for their joint cockup that makes Yinglucks efforts look decidedly third rate by comparison. coffee1.gif

Isn't the charge negligence, dereliction of duty?

She is being charged for failing to do her job, not just because of ignorance but because she wantonly failed to attend any meetings, pay attention to the large amount of warnings brought to her attention, take any affirmative action, and made false statements, whether lying or uncaring, about the scheme.

Only Shin apologists try to link this to real subsidy schemes and real politicians outside Thailand to try and cloud the issue.

If she had created a budget for this, treated it as a subsidy not an off budget self financing scheme, taken action when serious issues were flagged up, by Thai officials and World Institutions, and attended meetings and closely managed things, she wouldn't be in court. But she didn't. Not only that be she said on several occasions that she was in charge, there were no problems and no frauds in the scheme, there was enough money in the scheme without further loans and that farmers would be paid, when the couldn't be. Some of her subordinates are implicated personally in frauds in this scheme and are going to face a criminal court for those frauds. No doubt investigations are still on-going.

Inept or following instructions?

You clearly have a view, others take the opposite. Time, and the court will decide.

She is being charged for failing to do her job, not just because of ignorance but because she wantonly failed to attend any meetings, pay attention to the large amount of warnings brought to her attention, take any affirmative action, and made false statements, whether lying or uncaring, about the scheme.

...though shouldn't be 90% of Thailand's working class facing trial...