Will the Brexit affect expats in Thailand

sandyf

Cameron is looking to get this out of the way as quickly as possible, with a referendum next year. Uncertainty in the markets in the UK could damage the exchange rate, but if the UK stay in Europe sterling could well be stronger. Short term pain, long term gain? For me I think the younger generation (anyone under 60) will generally vote for staying in and older voters will vote for coming out. There will be a mass of politicians (Tories, Labour, LibDems, even the SNP) urging everyone to vote to stay in, swivel eyed loonies (UKIP and far right Tories) urging us to get out. The UK electorate is very much middle-of the-road these days, so any extremist views will be rejected.

Cameron is looking to get this out of the way as quickly as possible, with a referendum next year. Uncertainty in the markets in the UK could damage the exchange rate, but if the UK stay in Europe sterling could well be stronger. Short term pain, long term gain? For me I think the younger generation (anyone under 60) will generally vote for staying in and older voters will vote for coming out. There will be a mass of politicians (Tories, Labour, LibDems, even the SNP) urging everyone to vote to stay in, swivel eyed loonies (UKIP and far right Tories) urging us to get out. The UK electorate is very much middle-of the-road these days, so any extremist views will be rejected.

out of touch. There is a majority if UK public who want a "new relationship" with EU. Did you see the election results? Unless you are 58 or older you have seen the EU have more control over UK domestic policy with no say. Even your "swivel eyed" Labour and Lib Dems who were smashed are supporting referendum now. Of course they support a vote staying in whatever any renegotiations achieve or dont achieve.