Filipina in UAE death row for killing employer who tried to rape her

webfact

Filipina in UAE death row for killing employer who tried to rape her

DUBAI: -- An overseas Filipina worker (OFW) was sentenced to death by a United Arab Emirates (UAE) court after being convicted of killing her employer last December, according to INQUIRER.net.

The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) confirmed that Jennifer Dalquez was sentenced to death by the Al Ain trial court in Dubai last May 20.

The DFA has notified her family and will also help Dalquez in appealing her sentence.

According to a report by ABS-CBN News, Dalquez was arrested on December 12 last year for stabbing her employer who attempted to rape her at knifepoint.

Dalquez joins 88 other Filipino workers who are in death row in China, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia and other countries.

Last month, Filipina drug convict Mary Jane Veloso was set to be executed in Indonesia but was spared due to an 11th-hour reprieve granted by the Indonesian government.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/filipina-in-uae-death-row-for-killing-employer-who-tried-to-rape-her

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-25

Wonder what sentence her employer would have gotten if he raped and murdered her.

My guess would that he wouldn't be on death row.

coffee1.gif

As the poster under you says, he probably would not have been charged and I believe 100% that would have been the outcome.

Most, if not all, Arab countries are extremely sexist. Women are treated as if they are less than human. They are slaves and property.

The list of crimes that a women can be charged with and put to death for are too numerous to list. These countries are the embodiment of what it means to be barbaric.

This rape crap happens all the time in the UAE -- my ex-girlfriend, a Filipino, is desperately trying to come to Thailand because of the same thing -- but she ran away and then came back because the blassturds routinely take their passports on arrival.

I wonder how long the world is going to put up with this repeated, inhumane, and horrid practice. Just because they have oil does not make them the cjhosen people -- SWINE!

vampire.gif

Raping of female staff (foreigners) is common place in Arab countries. Their passports are confiscated and they are held in virtual slavery. If the become pregnant they are kicked out to fend for themselves. This is common knowledge to most people that work in these countries. I'm still surprised that their home governments allow them to work in these places.

The Riyadh jail has a female section for maids who have been raped or coerced into sex by their employers and when they become pregnant or the liason is exposed they are sentenced to life for having sex outside of marriage.

The perpetrator is never taken to court.

It is a well known fact amongst the diplomatic community there who raise funds to buy them basic necessities but does the US govt care?

BTW...only Muslims can work as maids. Christians are not welcome.

Edited by Centrum

Horrible. The UAE dont seem to know how to market the country for foreign workers. Who the hell wants to work there if they are afraid of protecting themselves against a abusive UAE citizen. Of course there will still be South Asians and South East Asians that go there to make some money to help their situation in life.

The Riyadh jail has a female section for maids who have been raped or coerced into sex by their employers and when they become pregnant or the liason is exposed they are sentenced to life for having sex outside of marriage.

The perpetrator is never taken to court.

It is a well known fact amongst the diplomatic community there who raise funds to buy them basic necessities but does the US govt care?

BTW...only Muslims can work as maids. Christians are not welcome.

Just to be clear (since the original post is about the UAE) you mean only Muslims can work as maids in Saudi. In the UAE there are Muslim, Christian, Hindu and Buddhist maids, although for the last two, their religion is listed as "other".

Such cases will be commonplace and reoccurring unless the West puts Islamic Countries under similar scrutiny to that applied to Israel. Here is another example, for every match in the Qatar world cup 66 foreign workers have died, thus far. Though unrelated it demonstrates the double standard applied to middle eastern states when it comes to norms of behaviour.

I'd like to see a worldwide ban on what amounts to a modern day slave trade and let the lazy obese bastards get off their fat <deleted> to mop their own khazis for a change.

Wonder what sentence her employer would have gotten if he raped and murdered her.

My guess would that he wouldn't be on death row.

coffee1.gif

As the poster under you says, he probably would not have been charged and I believe 100% that would have been the outcome.

Most, if not all, Arab countries are extremely sexist. Women are treated as if they are less than human. They are slaves and property.

The list of crimes that a women can be charged with and put to death for are too numerous to list. These countries are the embodiment of what it means to be barbaric.

How do you explain the fact that 500 men are executed for each woman executed? That fact makes your entire comment look like feminist propaganda.

<snipped>

Is there some reason that you selected the US gov't as someone who should care. I don't think too many US maids are working in the UAE.

How do we know the employer actually attempted to rape the Filipina. Often criminal defendants make up stories to try and get themselves off the hook or get sympathy. As usual, the dimwitted ThaiVisa lynch mob is ready to hang someone based merely on an accusation.

so why would she stab him to death if she is happy in her work, in a foreign country?

i understand many people do throw accusations around willy nilly, but i would guess in this case there is truth in the story . . .

Do the maths - muslim boss who are reknowned for treating women as their property + filipina woman happy to travel a few thousand miles to try and earn a living = tragic end

You need to wake up and smell the beans

How do we know the employer actually attempted to rape the Filipina. Often criminal defendants make up stories to try and get themselves off the hook or get sympathy. As usual, the dimwitted ThaiVisa lynch mob is ready to hang someone based merely on an accusation.

Just out of respect for your 1000% contribution:

1) In many Muslim countries a rape case must be confirmed by 2 to 4 male witnesses;

2) Even than the female must prove the intercourse was without consent;

3) Finally she must prove she didn't enjoy it;

4) Some of the above is true, some has been made up especially for thousandpercent and the rest is sarcasm with greetings from the TV Lynch Mob.

We have a young lady (28yo) sentenced to death, she has a plausible excuse which may well justify her action, in any civilised country it would be up to the prosecution to disprove it.

I hope all the Arab oil dries up soon, we'll live. They never deserved it in the slightest.

If only we stopped blaming oil and started blaming ourselves to start coming up with solutions.. like Brazil.. they grow sugarcane to make ethanol and don't need a drop of oil from Venezuela or the Middle East.

But no it's unpatriotic to not support our Oil companies profits.. :rolleyes:

Raping of female staff (foreigners) is common place in Arab countries. Their passports are confiscated and they are held in virtual slavery. If the become pregnant they are kicked out to fend for themselves. This is common knowledge to most people that work in these countries. I'm still surprised that their home governments allow them to work in these places.

Why? I don't see a problem,,,,,Everyone seems to know what the filthy maggots are like So Why, <deleted>, are those stupid women going to a country and work with the knowledge what normally happens in that country and what they can expect from Arabs ,,Muslims and co,,

Why? I don't see a problem,,,,,Everyone seems to know what the filthy maggots are like So Why, <deleted>, are those stupid women going to a country and work with the knowledge what normally happens in that country and what they can expect from Arabs ,,Muslims and co,,

Many of these women do not have a single day of education, and come from areas that have no electricity or running water. Even though they are only paid about 10,000 THB / month (plus food and housing and medical and a flight back every other year) it is still twice as much as the 3000-5000 THB/month (w/out housing/food/insurance) they would get in their home country IF they can find work there.

Then there are the stories of the maids that win the equivalent of a lottery and find a western expat to work for who pays them 25000 THB/month to walk their dog and work about 3-4 hours a day leaving them time to do freelance at 300 THB an hour.

BTW western expats (especially European) are not a guarantee of easy street. I've heard many stories of European expat families that work these women like slaves and don't pay much more than the locals do.

Edited by utkb

They can go to the Philippines Embassy and get a new passport, confiscated passport is not that much of an issue.

I hope all the Arab oil dries up soon, we'll live. They never deserved it in the slightest.

If only we stopped blaming oil and started blaming ourselves to start coming up with solutions.. like Brazil.. they grow sugarcane to make ethanol and don't need a drop of oil from Venezuela or the Middle East.

But no it's unpatriotic to not support our Oil companies profits.. rolleyes.gif

Brazil is since several a net exporter of oil Mr. Economic Genius. that's the reason why the country doesn't need to import a drop of oil whistling.gif

FYI,

For the past few years the Philippine Embassy has prevented new maids entering the UAE for work. They are trying to impose a standardized contract. The UAE government objects, claiming that the Embassy is performing a function outside of its charter and it is up to the individual to negotiate their contract.

As such the number of available Filipino maids here in the UAE has dried up. They are not permitted to leave the Philippines, although some have found routes through Hong Kong or Japan. Most maids available maids in the UAE are Sri Lankan, Indonesian or Malaysian.

Edited by utkb

But no it's unpatriotic to not support our Oil companies profits.. rolleyes.gif

Brazil is a net importer of oil. Bio fuels are not sustainable and the production of palm oil for example is resulting int he mass clearing of millions of scres of rain forest and jungle.

If you turned over every acre of farmland to sugar cane production you still would not be anywhere close to meeting the fuel requirement of the USA.

An off-topic post has been removed. Please stick to the topic, which isn't about oil in Brazil or Arabs in general. It is about a Filipina maid who is on death row.