Finally R&b And Blues In Bkk

JJDinsay

DaveThailand, I've been suspecting that I knew who you were for awhile. Was only joking about the Blues Factory was for an older crowd - but I wanted to test your reaction. I've had a few good nights down there...

Thanks for the support before.

if people want live music in an atmosphere that is fun and discreet then that is the goal of the blues factory, and it works.

i always have a good time in the blues factory with my friends, ever since it opened...good job dave

• 3 months later...
I'm glad to say that I found a little place yesterday called Mojo's.

I was talking to a friend of mine who plays down there regularly. At least he used to... A bitter Thai msucian reported them to the police for employing farang musicians under the table. The place has no problem with hiring Thai musicians- I've seen a number there before, but I hear this particular fellow wasn't actually any good. Anyway, they only have Thai bands now.

Mojo's management (well the guy who ran the bar and played the harmonica) and chef have now moved on - I believe off Sukhumvit 36. It's outdoors as the indoor section hasn't been completed yet. Very weird looking as it doesn't look like an R & B bar at all - I mean, gravel walkways, dimmed romantic lights, flowers and a garden and no stage - just a sound system playing a mix of hip hop and old blues!! Weird but at least the food wasn't bad. Stay away from the cakes - very pricey. It's called the American Rib Company at it's on Soi 38 I believe.

the harp guy (ex mojo's) used to be the front man in my bar in pattaya, he did a good job in pattaya and in mojo's, i think mojo's started going wrong when they outed the american chef.

Not Bangkok but in pattaya in The Blues Factory there's a canadian blues man called Sunny Fournier appearing on mon & tues night (9th & 10th),

I'm glad to say that I found a little place yesterday called Mojo's. I have searching for it for a long time. Started off weak though - one guy singing different words to the same tune over and over but then after that. The manager got and started hammering away on the harmonica. some 65 year old dude with the lungs of a 15 year old started jammin on the sax and some Thai guitarist named Blues Lee belted out tunes like he was Mr. BB King himself. if you like Blues and R&B, I have to say that Mojo's was a great time - I can't remember when the last time I had such a great time. And greasy, sloppy ribs to boot!!! Anyone been der before?

try tokyo joes on suk soi 24...and make sure you listen to the soi dogs blues band - iwthout a doubt the best blues band in bangkok