World famous sitarist to perform in Pattaya in June

goatfarmer

One of the top sitarists in the world, Purbayan Chatterjee, will perform two concerts in Pattaya in June.

He will be supported by vocalist, Joyeta Choudhury and tabla player, Rupak Bhattacharjee

1. Pure classical: at Eelswamp, Saturday 27th June.

This will be a program of classical ragas, both solo sitar and vocals and duet. Call 038 069 681 for more information.

2. Classical Fusion at Siam Bayshore, Sunday 28th June.

Chatterjee is a master of Classical-jazz-rock-fusion. He has performed with jazz luminary, Chick Corea as well as fusion banjo player, Bella Fleck, in Belgium with saxophonist, Manuel Hermia and in South Africa with jazz guitarist, Kunle Ayo.

Chatterjee's recent fusion recordings include a CD with award winning Belgian fusion group, Slang. The recording was described in London Jazz News as, "a hugely enjoyable album....I can highly recommend for its fine fusion of rock, jazz and Indian music".

This concert will be a mix of light classics and fusion music.

Tickets are available from Thai Ticket Major, online, by calling the call center 02-2623456 and at Major Cineplex, The Avenue, 2nd Floor.

post-15930-0-71162500-1432637050_thumb.j

damn, i was hoping for a satirist.

Thanks for your senses of humour, gave me a good long belly laugh, you know the one where you really are tickled pink sort of thing.

On a serious note though I think I will be getting off the back end to go to the show in pattaya, ever since i watched the tribute video for george harrison I have found a liking for the Indian musicians especially Rav Shankar and his daughter, brilliant artists IMO

For ThaiTicketMajor, the Major Cinema Boxoffice at the Avenue Complex on 2nd Road, where Villa Market is, also can make bookings and (I think) issue tickets.

Otherwise the nearest official TTM office is in Central Bangna

For ThaiTicketMajor, the Major Cinema Boxoffice at the Avenue Complex on 2nd Road, where Villa Market is, also can make bookings and (I think) issue tickets.

Otherwise the nearest official TTM office is in Central Bangna

Thanks for the clarification. But the question was what role Tesco Lotus plays. Can they sell tickets or are they just a payment center, like 7/11?

Ticket cost range for jazz show tickets?

500 baht in Pattaya. See the yellow poster above.

Isn't the yellow poster only for the sitar show?

Yes. The concert will be a mixture of light classics and jazz-rock-fusion. I assumed that's what you were referring to by the term "jazz show". Correct me if I'm wrong.

Interview with Chatterjee published yesterday in Z news:

“I don’t want to unlearn anything completely and let go off my roots. You have to sort of split your personality, which means that you are one person when you’re going on a classical stage and another when you’re playing fusion, crossover music with a band,” he explains.

http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/music/life-is-music-know-what-sitar-virtuoso-purbayan-chatterjee-has-to-say-about-music_1612656.html

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I am confused; is there a link about the JAZZ concert info and prices or are they one and the same concert?

There are two concerts in Pattaya:

i. Pure classical at Eelswamp on Saturday 27th.

ii. A Jazz-rock-classical fusion and light classics concert at Siam Bayshore on Sunday 28th. Price is 500 baht. This is the concert with a jazz element.