UK family appeals for help finding missing Phuket expat: VIDEO

webfact

FYI the guy in the video says that the 4 golf partners were supposedly white men.

Exactly. But please don't confuse people with the facts. It suits others here much more to go along with the preferred narrative of the evil Thai wife, evil Thai relatives, and evil/corrupt/lazy police. Too the extent that they will actually overlook elements that are inconsistent with their speculation.

The first question that occurred to me was exactly how many Thai men in the Surin area enjoy a good game of golf ? I'd venture that you'd have to look pretty hard to find them...

Did you read the word "supposedly"? They only thought or believed that he was with white men. They don't know for certain if he was really with white men. That is why the guy in the video used the word "supposedly". He doesn't know and is not sure whether he was really with white men. He only thought or believed that he was with white men. There is a whole cloud of the unknown he and that calls for speculations based of the speculators' experiences here.

Whew...that's a relief..he was with white men.

We all know what a fine upstanding bunch white men can be.

Pip pip old chap.

Jolly good show

Carry on.

I guess I would be asking the 4 friends and follow the trail from there. The police will probably not investigate in the hot weather. Even if they did know how to conduct a thorough investigation. If the girl wants results, she must come here. Friendly up with an English speaking thai. Trust no one. And do her own investigation.

The one that inherits the 2 properties is always a top suspect.

Exactly ,well said -- The prime suspect would be the inheritor-- and the motive is until proven the money tree.

The pieces to this puzzle may never give a true picture for anyone to come to any conclusions but past events of a similar nature have lead on to an unhappy outcome for the farang.

Why so much mystery about the 4 golfing buddies? Surely the wife can name at least one???

Wow..the speculation here is up to usual TV standards.

How do you know he wasn't posting here recently about his gold digging wife - and everyone told him to "run Forrest run"'?

And he has.

Who knows what has happened - I hope it all turns out well for him.

I know farangs that have run from their gold digging wifes/GF but they still kept contact with their loved ones overseas.

I guess I would be asking the 4 friends and follow the trail from there. The police will probably not investigate in the hot weather. Even if they did know how to conduct a thorough investigation. If the girl wants results, she must come here. Friendly up with an English speaking thai. Trust no one. And do her own investigation.

Exactly ,well said -- The prime suspect would be the inheritor-- and the motive is until proven the money tree.

Yes, great idea, let's accuse the man's wife on the (very speculative) basis that she will inherit the properties. Aren't you disregarding the very high possibility the missing man doesn't own them and that a Thai does? What proportion of foreigners actually own the house(s) they live in in Thailand?

Yes, great idea, let's accuse the man's wife on the (very speculative) basis that she will inherit the properties. Aren't you disregarding the very high possibility the missing man doesn't own them and that a Thai does? What proportion of foreigners actually own the house(s) they live in in Thailand?

What you should be asking is ..

What proportion of thai that are married to a foreigner, own a property because their foreign partner paid for it.

Answer 99.9 percent.

Upon death of course the Thai takes all.

Unless. ...

The daughter quite her job and conducted her own investigation.

If the wife is guilty, I think she could petition the court for the properties if she could show they were purchased during marriage. She would have to sell them.

She can go to the lawyers council of Thailand for free assistance.

Or she could write a letter directly to somyot himself, for an investigation. Well worth that girl's while to get on a plane. QUIETLY! !!!

Has his bank account been emptied yet?

On some occasions farangs also get in financial trouble that causes problems too. Not all farangs are wealthy (especially in Isaan)

Just a thought?????

Edited by DILLIGAD

Wouldn't cops try to find people who knew him, ask his wife some serious questions? What about foreign golfers, who live in this area? So many QUESTION MARKS and now answers.

I really believe if somebody would offer 100 K, there'd be people who all in a sudden remember that they saw him, which could lead to more information.

Two months is a long time, considering that the "going rate" to find a hitman is dirt cheap. 15 K would be enough to find somebody.

Why did the guy's wife not inform the cops? Not wanting to jump to conclusions but who'll get all if they never find his body?

I'm afraid that something terrible has happened to him.

Just checking online if there're some news if he's found, or not, I found this one:

This is the opening paragraph of a short story called "Rainfall", written in 2003 by Toby Charnaud, an English expat living in the upmarket beach resort of Hua Hin, Thailand. Charnaud recounts, with a sense of impending dread, the tale of a British man named Guy who plans to murder his Thai wife. Yet, this sobering parable is turned on its head, as the Thai wife has her husband killed instead.

Two years later, on 27 March 2005, Charnaud himself was murdered in horrific circumstances. The 41-year-old was lured into the house near Hua Hin that he had bought for his Thai ex-wife, Panadda Laoruang, to live in. There, after a home-made gun failed to kill him, three men hired by Laoruang beat him to death with a heavy object. His body was partially cremated in a fire pit, cut into small pieces and scattered around a nearby forest.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/with-so-many-britons-murdered-in-thailand-why-does-our-government-not-warn-of-the-dangers-faced-there-769640.html