UK family appeals for help finding missing Phuket expat: VIDEO

webfact

Family appeals for help finding missing Phuket expat: VIDEO
Chris Husted

pkt1.jpg

PHUKET: -- Jodie Poyner of the UK has made a public plea for any information that may lead to finding her father, Graham Poyner, a Phuket expat last seen on March 25.

Mr Poyner, who has a home in Patong, was reportedly last seen by his wife in Surin Province, on the Cambodian border in northeast Thailand, Jodie explained. The couple have a second home there.

He left the house with four men to go on a golfing trip and was due to return on March 27, which would have been his 57th birthday.

“His phone has been off since, and his moped was found several days later in the local town with the number plate missing,” she told The Phuket News.

The motorbike was found near the Saeng Thong Hotel in Surin Town, with the key still in the ignition. But none of the local people questioned by police recalled seeing Graham in the area.

Jodie, who was in touch with her father frequently before his disappearance. When he failed to get in touch on his birthday and had not returned to his home in Surin, she bacame very worried and had a friend post a video on YouTube April 3 appealing for any information that may help to find him. (see video here).

“He has never disappeared before and myself and my family are extremely worried about him,” she said.

Jodie’s sister, Shannan, has tried to pursuing formal channels in the UK to find her dad, but to no avail.

“The embassies and foreign office told me it wasn’t their responsibility and [that] I have to use the British police and Interpol. But again that is slow and I’m still waiting… I don’t know what else to do,” she said.

Meanwhile, Graham’s wife Sia has been working with local police who have been spreading the word both online and on the ground. A missing person alert has also been aired on a number of Thai TV channels.

Graham is of slim build, about six-feet tall, and an avid golfer.

Geno Kopchinski, who has known Graham for more than four years and lived next door to him in Patong for three years, posted on his Facebook: “Him vanishing for a day or two wouldn’t even elicit an eyebrow raise from me. But eight days is entirely out of character for him.

“It gets harder and harder to expect a happy outcome in this mess… But I, for one, am still cautiously optimistic for our friend’s safe return.”

The British embassy in Bangkok told The Phuket News this morning (May 28), “The Consular Section of the British Embassy in Bangkok is aware of the case of a missing person and is providing consular assistance where it can.”

If you have information about Graham’s possible whereabouts, call 080 074 8901, or post on Facebook here, or email Jodie.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/family-appeals-for-help-finding-missing-phuket-expat-video-52513.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-05-28

cctv of who left the motorbike would be a good start but then perhaps those responsible would rather not have anything investigated

This man has gone missing under very suspicious circumstances

I hope that he returns safely, and that his family have kind supportive people around them at this very worrying time.

What a lovely friendly-looking gentleman, I can only pray that he is okay, and that he will return safely soon.

I guess I would be asking the 4 friends and follow the trail from there. The police will probably not investigate in the hot weather. Even if they did know how to conduct a thorough investigation. If the girl wants results, she must come here. Friendly up with an English speaking thai. Trust no one. And do her own investigation.

The one that inherits the 2 properties is always a top suspect.

Went on a golfing trip on a motorbike?

With 4 friends? The wife's "brother" and 3 members of the local constabulary?

The wife didn't report him missing, and things only got moving, when the daughter reacted from abroad!!

I am afraid, it is same old story, we have heard about too many times already!!

Probably correct "JOC". I didn't read one word about who these 4 men were and if anyone had tried to track them down to try and find out where he was last seen from any of these men.

...but if all these 4 men were Thai, then I fear the worst.

Not often I hear about foreigners go missing, in most cases is suicide by jumping from tall buildings or hanging them self in the fridge or door knob.

What about fingerprints on his motorbike, sorry RTP have already destroyed that evidence.

Hope he eventually shows up without being harmed in any way.

Went on a golfing trip on a motorbike?

With 4 friends? The wife's "brother" and 3 members of the local constabulary?

The wife didn't report him missing, and things only got moving, when the daughter reacted from abroad!!

I am afraid, it is same old story, we have heard about too many times already!!

maybe I missed this somewhere but if correct then this thing stinks to high heaven, perhaps an appeal the National police chief or even the PM might get some action as it would appear the locals are unwilling

I'm not a fan of speculation in such cases, but my gut tells me the speculators are probably thinking along the right lines. Younger woman, in it for the cash, realised she couldn't stick it out for the long haul, set him up. I hope this theory is wrong and he's found alive and well. Quick action needs to be taken. Perhaps the daughter could get onto a private investigator.

I am afraid this will not have a happy ending and I would certainly focus on the wife. For Buddha's sake every farang that is married and got missing the first instance, the BIB should always bring the wife/GF in front of a lie detector before all other investigations starts.

Simple questions

1) Did you ordered the killing of your husband?

2) Do you have a boy friend on the sideline?

3) Do you love/d your husband?

4) Do you miss your husband?

5) Did you marry him for money?

Edited by MobileContent

I do hope they find this man but after 8 days the signs look bleak .I wonder if his wife knew the 4 men there is no mention of her knowing them another mystery in Phuket I wonder how much this mans worth 2 houses ? .

I do hope they find this man but after 8 days the signs look bleak .I wonder if his wife knew the 4 men there is no mention of her knowing them another mystery in Phuket I wonder how much this mans worth 2 houses ? .

It's 8 weeks now, due to return March 27th, YouTube video posted April 3rd

I am afraid this will not have a happy ending and I would certainly focus on the wife. For Buddha's sake every farang that is married and got missing the first instance, the BIB should always bring the wife/GF in front of a lie detector before all other investigations starts.

Simple questions

1) Did you ordered the killing of your husband?

2) Do you have a boy friend on the sideline?

3) Do you love/d your husband?

4) Do you miss your husband?

5) Did you marry him for money?

I'm sorry, but lie detectors are a bunch of hogwash. Far too many false positives to begin with. If it were that simple to wire someone up to a machine, ask them the kinds of questions you've listed, and determine the truth of what they're saying from vital signs, we'd have very little need for police or a justice system. The real world is more complex than this .

FYI the guy in the video says that the 4 golf partners were supposedly white men.

Exactly. But please don't confuse people with the facts. It suits others here much more to go along with the preferred narrative of the evil Thai wife, evil Thai relatives, and evil/corrupt/lazy police. Too the extent that they will actually overlook elements that are inconsistent with their speculation.

The first question that occurred to me was exactly how many Thai men in the Surin area enjoy a good game of golf ? I'd venture that you'd have to look pretty hard to find them...

As a suggestion, if she is still around I'd ask the wife where he used to play golf in Surin (google seems to think that there is only one golf course in Surin, The Surin Army Golf Course at Fort Weerawatyothin) I would guess as an avid golfer he would play quite regularly. Furthermore most golfers seem to have a regular group that they play with. Finding those 4 would be a good step and usually the reception or lady in the proshop should be able to help. The caddies also seem to have excellent memories and often regular golfers use the same caddy when they play and will often book the caddy in advance. If the caddy was booked in advance she may have been told the tee-off time and the golf club might be able to see who actually booked that tee off time.

I hope everything turns out well.

I'm not a fan of speculation in such cases, but my gut tells me the speculators are probably thinking along the right lines. Younger woman, in it for the cash, realised she couldn't stick it out for the long haul, set him up. I hope this theory is wrong and he's found alive and well. Quick action needs to be taken. Perhaps the daughter could get onto a private investigator.

I know of a similar case that happened in Phuket more than 10 years ago to a foreigner I knew. He was missing for more than two months and speculations ran high, police investigating into the Thai part of the family, etc... His wife and friends were devastated. Eventually his skeleton was found at the bottom of a cliff in an area where he usually would have a walk when he wanted to be alone. The remains did not suggest any foul play since valuable personal items were still in place, but of course no one can be a 100% sure.

Whatever happened to Mr. Poyner, I find it rather shocking what kind of speculations are posted here by some desktop Sherlocks... sick.gif

I do find it hard to digest that one would leave home on a golfing trip on a moped.

Unless of course you play regular golf at a local golf course you regularly turn up to on a moped and your clubs are kept there and everyone at the club knows you the local farang.

Of Course details are sketchy at present,but it does not look good.

Wow..the speculation here is up to usual TV standards.

How do you know he wasn't posting here recently about his gold digging wife - and everyone told him to "run Forrest run"'?

And he has.

Who knows what has happened - I hope it all turns out well for him.

FYI the guy in the video says that the 4 golf partners were supposedly white men.

Exactly. But please don't confuse people with the facts. It suits others here much more to go along with the preferred narrative of the evil Thai wife, evil Thai relatives, and evil/corrupt/lazy police. Too the extent that they will actually overlook elements that are inconsistent with their speculation.

The first question that occurred to me was exactly how many Thai men in the Surin area enjoy a good game of golf ? I'd venture that you'd have to look pretty hard to find them...

Did you read the word "supposedly"? They only thought or believed that he was with white men. They don't know for certain if he was really with white men. That is why the guy in the video used the word "supposedly". He doesn't know and is not sure whether he was really with white men. He only thought or believed that he was with white men. There is a whole cloud of the unknown he and that calls for speculations based of the speculators' experiences here.

Wow..the speculation here is up to usual TV standards.

How do you know he wasn't posting here recently about his gold digging wife - and everyone told him to "run Forrest run"'?

And he has.

Who knows what has happened - I hope it all turns out well for him.

If Forrest ran, don't you think he would have told his own daugther? This said, is your speculation better than those of other TV members???