Mobile Phone Coverage Ko Samui/phangan

stevehaigh

i'm planning to spend a lot of time in Ko Samui/Ko Phangan and maybe Krabi as well as BKK. I plan to buy a phone but i'm wondering which service to use for the best coverage in these areas. i plan to use prepaid cards, no plan.

thanks steve

• 4 weeks later...

In general AIS gives the best service. Just by the cards, cheap. Yout probably can use your home mobile depending it it is open to and AIS sim card. AIS sim cards are very cheap and sometimes give you more free minutes than the cost of the card! http://www.one-2-call.com/One2Call/index.jsp

is one link that may be helpful....If you phone needs to be unlocked and can't get it done at home places in MBK and PanTip will do it in two minutes.

You'll likely find that it si cheaper to call you home county with the AIS system rather than roaming so check you voicemail. The advantages of have a "local number" are many as to the night life! Just last week I got a call from an a TG that moved bars and changed mobile numbers while retaining her phonebook!

Very nice suprise as I was sorry to have lost contact!

i'm planning to spend a lot of time in Ko Samui/Ko Phangan and maybe Krabi as well as BKK. I plan to buy a phone but i'm wondering which service to use for the best coverage in these areas. i plan to use prepaid cards, no plan.

thanks steve

Dtac is the best for this few island .........including lanta too