Chiang Mai police help Malaysian mother locate runaway daughter

Thaivisa News

Chiang Mai:- Chiang Mai police Monday helped a Malaysian mother locate her runaway daughter who left Malaysia since the middle of last month.

The mother and her elder sister, Yap Lai Kuen, 21, filed a complaint with Mae Ping station inspector Pol Maj Chalermpol Kaewwong to locate Yap Lai Khei.

Lai Kuen told Chalermpol that her sister left Malaysia since the middle of last month and she could not be contacted since then.

Lai Kuen said her sister only gave a bank account of a Thai man for her mother to transfer money to and posted photos on the Facebook wall to tell the family that she was fine. Lai Kuen said her mother had transferred over Bt1 million to her sister to the bank account.

Lai Kuen said she and her mother had been tracking Lai Khei since the southern province of Satun by using her Facebook photos. The latest photos showed that she had come to Chiang Mai.

Chalermpol then sought help from Facebook representative office in Thailand and found out that she was staying at a hotel near the Tha Pae gate in Chiang Mai downtown. The mother and sister were overjoyed by the news.

Then, police took the mother and sister to meet Lai Khei at the hotel. Lai Khei told police and her family that she was staying with her boyfriend and she was not forced to live with him.

Police then let the mother and the runaway daughter talk for a while. Later, Lai Kuen told police that the family decided to return to Malaysia Monday and she thanked Thai police for helping locate her sister.

She disappeared mid-April and her mother has since transferred "more than 1 million Baht" to "a bank account of a Thai man" (who presumably is her boy friend)?

My my, either girlie has been living the high life spending more than a million in a mere one and a half months since going AWOL...

...or her local boy friend gently "persuaded" her that if she really loved him she'd help him out of a most unfortunate, temporary financial bottle neck.

Or both.

She disappeared mid-April and her mother has since transferred "more than 1 million Baht" to "a bank account of a Thai man" (who presumably is her boy friend)?

My my, either girlie has been living the high life spending more than a million in a mere one and a half months since going AWOL...

...or her local boy friend gently "persuaded" her that if she really loved him she'd help him out of a most unfortunate, temporary financial bottle neck.

Or both.

Article does not say baht. It gives no denumenation.wacko.png

Or both.

Do you mean the article above that said "transferred over Bt1 million to her sister to the bank account", or another article?

Or both.

Do you mean the article above that said "transferred over Bt1 million to her sister to the bank account", or another article?

Oops. Time to put me specks on.