Lost ATM card. Stuck in Chiang Mai as a backpacker with no money. Ideas>]?

As for you, geriatric, why don't you get yourself a nice LastPass account and save all your pins and passwords in one secure place. Or, you could spread them out on various devices and the Cloud. I have over forty online passwords and I can't remember them either. Password generators are the way forward.

LastPass. One of the best little free proggies I've ever had. thumbsup.gif

LastPass

Don't forget that you can get a cash advance over the bank counter, using your CC and passport. Avoids the ATM fee at least.

22% over a year is less than 2% per month. Borrow 15000 for two weeks and that's less than 150 baht in interest. That's less than the ATM fee that you would have paid taking cash via the ATM. Of course your CC may have other fees...

Excellent alternative, getting a cash advance on the credit card, at the bank, over the counter.

I would agree however some VISA/MC cards have very limited cash advance provisions.

You require the pin to do this

Not in every case. The bank in which I do it uses the signature system.

I keep my passwords and pins in a password protected ODS file. Just one password to remember, have the file on a flashdrive and in my gmail inbox. With several bankaccounts, CC and web logins it has been a life saver several times...

This is in no way meant to be rude or offensive,,,,,,, But most of you are such a helpful load of miserable faxts. I take it non of you have ever been in a fix?

To be fair the jesting didn't start until after all of the possible advice was given...........

This is in no way meant to be rude or offensive,,,,,,, But most of you are such a helpful load of miserable faxts. I take it non of you have ever been in a fix?

To be fair the jesting didn't start until after all of the possible advice was given...........

fair comment

If you lose your Thai-- ATM card in Thailand (not your home town) you can also have problems, unless everything is up to date---I was arguing away with my wife & also trying to take money from the ATM at the same time.....so when I took the money (but not the card) and turned to her to make a pertinent point & waggle my finger, the card got eaten....at a non Bank ATM location

I live in Issan---we were in Pattaya , my bank is the BKK Bank I had my passport with me, there couldn't be any problems....just blame the wife ---go to another branch, get a new card in that order.

I didn't have the bank book with me just the card...... when they phoned head office they said the records of my passport number did not match theirs. No I said, I opened the account 19 years ago, on my third passport now.

They wouldn't issue a new card---I even suggested that they get my branch to fax my signature down to them.......no.

You must update the bank when changing any details you used to open the account-----passport etc

Don't worry to much, most Backpackers don't spend more then 1200 in a fortnight anyway.

Pad thai for breakfast, lunch and Tea and you will be fine.

14 X 7 baht bottles of water - lets say 2 a day - plus 14 packets of mama noodles @ 5 baht = 168 baht. Enough left over to buy a 499 baht tent from Tesco Lotus, and still have enough for night out on the town biggrin.png

You do have a point therelaugh.png

You do have a point therelaugh.png

Well my answer to that....... ? I had better not,,,txxx!

I would; find a Hotel or GH that accepts Credit Cards and get a room for 2 weeks. Then go to the Grocery store and buy some food with the CC. Should not need the PIN to do this and no 22% interest. Depending on who you bank with there me be some small fees for International Transactions.

western union from family or friend, or just take an advance on the card from the exchange booth or teller, no pin required

Have you ever come across paragraphs ?

To be quite honest, it seems a miracle that you have survived in the world for so long.

I would suggest you spend your last bit of money in an Internet cafe- set up one of those giving web sites- help for stranded backpacker in Thailand- need to buy a banana roti and buy some of those cool fisherman's pants.

You can run some errands at a gay bar for extra cash. If you're willing to get dirty you can earn a lot of money biggrin.png I'm sure there are a lot of hiso closet gays that would love the company of a farang backpacker.

Edited by Lukecan

Have you ever come across paragraphs ?

To be quite honest, it seems a miracle that you have survived in the world for so long.

I would suggest you spend your last bit of money in an Internet cafe- set up one of those giving web sites- help for stranded backpacker in Thailand- need to buy a banana roti and buy some of those cool fisherman's pants.

A miracle? Come on man. I just guess some of us are perfect and have never been stuck in a tricky situation before. I actually came down here to volunteer teaching English to underprivileged children. So show some respect before you start spitting out sarcastic stereotypes. Please and thank you! biggrin.png

You can run some errands at a gay bar for extra cash. If you're willing to get dirty you can earn a lot of money biggrin.png I'm sure there are a lot of hiso closet gays that would love the company of a farang backpacker.

Think the word is Fudgepacker.

1zgarz5.gif

goof.gif

cheesy.gif