Jomtien Beach vendors summoned after tourist complaints

Rimmer

Jomtien Beach vendors summoned after tourist complaints

n7City1.jpg

PATTAYA:--Following recent complaints that beach-chair vendors on Jomtien Beach were flouting Pattaya’s new rules governing umbrella rentals and food prices, Deputy Mayor Ronakit Ekasingh brought traders in for a talk.

Many of the hundreds of Jomtien sellers attended the May 27 meeting, where they were reminded of the rules imposed earlier to reorganize the beach. In particular, they were told to keep their areas of the beach cleaner and clearly post prices for food and other services.

Complaints have arisen that vendors, particularly those far from the prying eyes of city hall, have flouted the recent reorganization and gone back to their old ways of doing business.

The problems have been particularly acute on long holiday weekends, where some vendors have openly admitted gouging customers. Disgruntled tourists have posted their experiences on social media, damaging the image of Pattaya.

At the end of the meeting, officers handed out aprons to attending operators, advising them they should wear them every day.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/jomtien-beach-vendors-summoned-after-tourist-complaints-47648#sthash.gEF3tDcr.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2015-06-05 footer_n.gif

Finally they are waking up to the damage "social media" can do to Thailand when people post their numerous negative comments. Pity it's taken so long for them to wake up and smell the coffee (perhaps).

At the end of the meeting, officers handed out aprons to attending operators, advising them they should wear them every day.

I remember they handed out a few thousand biker helmets and advised them to wear when on the bike. coffee1.gif

These vendors will never change until they actually have to pay a large fine, not just 100 baht fine. Make it big enough and they might just might do what they are supposed to do. There is no way any one can hurt puget, pataya or jomtien reputation any more then it is.

"The problems have been particularly acute on long holiday weekends, where some vendors have openly admitted gouging customers. Disgruntled tourists have posted their experiences on social media, damaging the image of Pattaya."

That takes some doing - image has been so damaged for so long I doubt this makes a hell of a lot of difference

Don't go to the beach its a dump anyway the water is polluted , the vendors try and rip you off. The whole area is a scam . Just hang at the pool in your hotel or condo.

Rather than do that why not go to your local beach and save the plane fare !!

Don't go to the beach its a dump anyway the water is polluted , the vendors try and rip you off. The whole area is a scam . Just hang at the pool in your hotel or condo.

Rather than do that why not go to your local beach and save the plane fare !!

Did not take long for the "If you do not like Thailand, Thainess, and being scammed everyday...just stay at home in your own country...to show up...

Some vendors are just plain rude on Jomtien Beach...after they scam you...get rid of all of them and return the beach to the people...

" Vendors have openly gouging customers " ? " Well yeah officer I try and cheat customers as often and as for as much as I can,

sometimes I also steal from their belongings and fondle the women "

is often heard from people who feel remorse ? Gedoutta here !

Probably the local " bag man" is reporting diminished returns.

And just go out for a bar girl when you are feeling horny......just the sort of people Thailand needs

These vendors will never change until they actually have to pay a large fine, not just 100 baht fine. Make it big enough and they might just might do what they are supposed to do. There is no way any one can hurt puget, pataya or jomtien reputation any more then it is.

I thought someone said Puget was in France. Oh and Pattaya has 2 teas , morning tea and afternoon tea.

I got irritated that I had to pay 200 baht for deckchairs for the family even though we arrived at 4pm (same as if we used them all day). "40 baht a hire is the rules - no exception, sorry"! So I bought the food direct from a across the road at a Thai food place and the beers from 711. The beach food/chairs vendor was OK about that. Did the same at various Jomtien beach locations but bought the odd beer from them - nobody complained about that either. Seems as though they are happy as long as you buy chairs.

Ask the prices then exercise customer choice - no problem

these beach guys do it tough

now they have to pack up and be gone by 1830 hours or face big fines

I hire the chairs

I take my own booze

I buy food from across the road - the beach vendors bring it to me

I tip the vendors too

They do 12 hours days in the heat

I have no problem paying a bit more