Oil Pulling

lostoday

Has anyone ever tried this? They recommend coconut oil, which I always have in my kitchen.

Oil pulling, also known as "kavala" or "gundusha," is an ancient Ayurvedic dental technique that involves swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth on an empty stomach for around 20 minutes. This action supposedly draws out toxins in your body, primarily to improve oral health but also to improve your overall health.

Be sure to use 10W40.....

Living in Thailand I see coconut oil in Tesco most of the time and I use it for baking and my wife steals it to put on her hair. There is also a little bottle of it available in the pharmacy department but I don't know if it is the same as the ones I see next to the olive oils in the grocery department. It's not cheap I seem to remember 200 or 300 baht for a small (less than a quart) bottle of extra virgin oil.

It is hard to find except in Provincial Towns. In my district town we have Two Tesco Lotus Expresses, Four 7/11, one Big C Market, and an independent Cat One, the only place we can get coconut oil, is Cat One, and nine times out of ten they don't have it. It is expensive around ฿500 for a litre.

It is hard to find except in Provincial Towns. In my district town we have Two Tesco Lotus Expresses, Four 7/11, one Big C Market, and an independent Cat One, the only place we can get coconut oil, is Cat One, and nine times out of ten they don't have it. It is expensive around ฿500 for a litre.

True true.

Living in Thailand I see coconut oil in Tesco most of the time and I use it for baking and my wife steals it to put on her hair. There is also a little bottle of it available in the pharmacy department but I don't know if it is the same as the ones I see next to the olive oils in the grocery department. It's not cheap I seem to remember 200 or 300 baht for a small (less than a quart) bottle of extra virgin oil.

Wouldn't that smell rancid if she goes into the sun.....Or OK Thais don't go into the sun?

Wouldn't that smell rancid if she goes into the sun.....Or OK Thais don't go into the sun?

The extra virgin seems to smell fresher for longer although it does change color when it gets cold.

The extra virgin seems to smell fresher for longer although it does change color when it gets cold.

extra virgin is pressed "cold" (don't know what the definition of cold is 60 degree Celsius??) While the normal is either hot pressed or with the help of solvents. That of course tastes and smells different.

Surely direct sun makes changes to it, but Thai women and sun......not much danger....

OTOP maybe?

Or maybe it can be made yourself? I have no clue how it is made but it can't be that difficult.

I've searched around the net. I even tried it for a few weeks. As you said...."...is an ancient Ayurvedic dental technique ". That says it all. Just a bunch of voodoo crackery in my opinion. About the only thing it did was give me fresh breath.

I've searched around the net. I even tried it for a few weeks. As you said...."...is an ancient Ayurvedic dental technique ". That says it all. Just a bunch of voodoo crackery in my opinion. About the only thing it did was give me fresh breath.

Wife had an infection in the mouth and it helped.

But of course we don't know if the infection wouldn't be good the same without or if the next supermarket mouthwash would have brought the same effect.

But of course we don't know if the infection wouldn't be good the same without or if the next supermarket mouthwash would have brought the same effect.

I like Listerine Green Tea mouth wash but it is non alcohol and I miss the refreshing bite of the alcohol so I've been mixing the stuff below 50/50 with it. I like it but my wife says I smell like a drunk farmer in the morning. It is also very economical at 79 baht a pint bottle.

post-232807-0-33511700-1433600394_thumb.

I like Listerine Green Tea mouth wash but it is non alcohol and I miss the refreshing bite of the alcohol so I've been mixing the stuff below 50/50 with it. I like it but my wife says I smell like a drunk farmer in the morning. It is also very economical at 79 baht a pint bottle.

I like mouth wash with alcohol and acetylsalicylic acid. This "black cock" how does it taste? Kind of whiskey?

I like mouth wash with alcohol and acetylsalicylic acid. This "black cock" how does it taste? Kind of whiskey?

Clear liquid like moonshine a bit, not bad with the Listerine. Smells a little like fresh sugar cut sugar cane.

OTOP maybe?

Or maybe it can be made yourself? I have no clue how it is made but it can't be that difficult.

I have a small plot of land on Koh Samui with 22 coconut trees, I have thought of going down there and making my own oil. I find virgin coconut oil will solidify at below 25c. That is my comfort zone. In Isaan here when the coconut oil is white and solidified, it is too cold for me.

You could google the benefits of extra virgin coconut oil.....you will be amazed.I have found a " shop that sells coconut oil(mixed with something else) for hair loss treatment...its only a 50ml. bottle,lasts me 1 week,cost 200 baht,but i am amazed i have new hair growing in abundance,and it started to show results after only 1 week.