Kan Airlines have just cancelled my 2 flights !

Asiantravel

I received a telephone call tonight from a young female who said she was calling from Kan Air to tell me that she was very sorry but my 2 flights from Utapao to Chiang Mai two weeks from tomorrow and returning in July have both been cancelled! When I asked why she said technical difficulties!blink.png

Unfortunately her spoken English was quite poor so she was unable to communicate with me why exactly this had happened. I have since sent an email to the company asking them for clarification.

I wonder if this means that already they have decided there were insufficient passengers patronising this route and they are stopping it? It’s the only explanation I can think of.

I’m wondering has anyone else received any cancellation phone calls of this nature from the company regarding any other routes ?

I have read a previous post, where the prospective Kan Air travellers, were transferred to Don Muang for onward travel.

It looks like Kan Air will have to up their game, when Thai Air Asia (TAA) create a hub at U-tapao later this year.

Air Asia, commence flying to K.L. on July the 16th from U-tapao.

I have read a previous post, where the prospective Kan Air travellers, were transferred to Don Muang for onward travel.

It looks like Kan Air will have to up their game, when Thai Air Asia (TAA) create a hub at U-tapao later this year.

Air Asia, commence flying to K.L. on July the 16th from U-tapao.

Actually since my original post I checked their schedule on their website and yes it has shrunk to virtually nothing. Many of the flights they were offering before look like they have disappeared.

It's a great shame and I'm just happy they have given me two weeks notice to make alternative arrangements but I doubt if I would ever use them again.

I've just had an email in broken English telling me my flight to Chiang Mai has been cancelled and that to get a refund I would have to send them my bank account details, not exactly the most comfortable with this.

I've just had an email in broken English telling me my flight to Chiang Mai has been cancelled and that to get a refund I would have to send them my bank account details, not exactly the most comfortable with this.

I consider it to be very amateurish. At least if you are going to inform the passenger by phone you should have staff available who can communicate effectivelybah.gif

Ah well maybe it's providence because what with the unbelievable difficulties I experienced communicating with them in the first place I have now lost my confidence this airline

Edited by Asiantravel