Re: Basic English - Nynorsk/Bokmal Translation

WhoWhenWhyWhat

Hello Gentlemen,

Is there any (Norwegian) or someone that's able to assist me to translate a one page document in English to Nynorsk/Bokmal?

It's not a professional document, thus don't be worrying of the written format or style.

Just basic translation that's literally close would suffice. As an aid, so my conversation with a Norwegian are not misunderstood and 'lost in translation'.

Gentlemen, please note that I do not need a translation service professional!

Of course, I am obliged to compensate for the assistance. It will be done via one email to you, and replied to me translated.

In the comfort of your home behind the computer in minutes.

You decide what's fair, be it in cash transferred through ATM or I can always buy you some beers. :)

Just PM me your email address. Many thanks in advance!

Cheers

Send the document in English. If the receiver is past 3 grade in school. He is fluent enough to understand the message.

If not some friend or family can translate. Almost every Norwegian is able to read English.

I posted, "... As an aid, so my conversation with a Norwegian are not misunderstood and 'lost in translation'...".

'Conversation' is the operative word!

Apparently, even with your learned answer, I can't help but smiled upon reading your reply.

Obviously, comprehension isn't your best strength. Precisely, what I meant 'lost in translation'.

Cheers

Cheers

As a older generation Norwegian, I think that no one of the younger generation Norwegian have any problem understanding written English. Even the word "comprehensive "555 kids learn English from first grade, 6 years of age.

I don't understand why it is necessary to translate.

Unless it is some sort of scam, or phishing for email addresses.

As a older generation Norwegian, I think that no one of the younger generation Norwegian have any problem understanding written English. Even the word "comprehensive "555 kids learn English from first grade, 6 years of age.

I don't understand why it is necessary to translate.

Unless it is some sort of scam, or phishing for email addresses.

It's "COMPREHENSION" noun

1. the action or capability of understanding something.

"some won't have the least comprehension of what I'm trying to do"

synonyms:understanding, grasp, conception,apprehension, cognition, ken,knowledge, awareness, perception;

interpretation

"matters that seemed beyond her comprehension"

Not COMPREHENSIVE adjective

1.complete; including all or nearly all elements or aspects of something.

"a comprehensive list of sources..."

Thus, I rather not explain the necessity of it.

As it's really going to be very 'COMPREHENSIVE' and lengthy that you will not be able to 'COMPREHEND'.

verb

1.grasp mentally; understand.

"he couldn't comprehend her reasons for marrying Lovat"

synonyms:understand, grasp, take in, see,apprehend, follow, make sense of,fathom, get to the bottom of; More.

It's time to start relearning your English, for your own sake.

Thus not making people who had assumed that you might be stupid, get confirmation that you are indeed!

Btw, a really kind Norwegian gentlemen TV member had rendered the task completed.

Edited by WhoWhenWhyWhat

Actually I googled the word twice because of my limited English skills. The answer was written a little bit to fast.

How do you now that the Norwegian translations is correctly. With the nuances you want. Words true 3 part.

I am happy you have found someone to help you. But my advice is to send the original documents one the side of the translated document. The receiver is most likely able to read English.

Best regards

In all fairness, I apologize for being blunt with my replies.

But it irks me when my post seeking for assistance, was replied with an answer that somewhat insinuated to it being other than an honest request e.g. scam, or phishing...

If you are keen to be enlightened, do send me a PM, and I would be more than glad to tell you the reasons why? :)

Cheers

Edited by WhoWhenWhyWhat