Internet unreliable when its wet

Yooyung

Hello all,

I have had this problem before, last year....or should I say last rainy season. At that time I called True and a guy came to replace the router. This seemed to fix the problem....but I have my doubts. Is it the phone line??? If so am I f*cked trying to get True to do anything about it?...or alternatively do I not know what the hell I am talking about???

Cheers

It seems to be a wet phone line.

I'd check where the wire comes into your house and check the connection.

TOT made a real bad job at my place, had similar problems then connected them properly, put some tape around and problem's gone.

Their "technicians" don't know much about their jobs. You have to be lucky to find a guy who knows what he's doing.

There's usually a little box, before the wire runs into your house.

Edited by lostinisaan

Wet internet indeed doesn't work so well. Internet needs to be dry.

It's indeed always wet / flooded cable with rotten wires inside. You can sometimes salvage the incoming wire if there's some extra by cutting a significant piece off, I've seen cable with a couple meters corroded wire before it became usable again.

Also the problem may be at the other side of the cable, so have the technician check that as well.

Most modern connection will have fibre going to a junction box (aka router) down the street and then either a short fibre or coaxial/phone cable the last hundred meters/mile.

If not properly water tight those boxes or the cable connections inside them have unreliable performance during rain.

Most modern connection will have fibre going to a junction box (aka router) down the street and then either a short fibre or coaxial/phone cable the last hundred meters/mile.

If not properly water tight those boxes or the cable connections inside them have unreliable performance during rain.

??

cheesy.gif last hundred meters/mile.cheesy.gif