thaimtb.com

Has anyone tried to mine thaimtb.com?

It's such a rich resource for cycling-related information, but unfortunately, it is also such a mess. The forum format and the poor search capabilities make it quite difficult to locate information. For example, there is a thriving 2nd hand bicycle market with several hundred items being added by individuals every day. Unfortunately, it's all stacked on one big heap. Finding something specific gets tiring quickly.

Anyone found a recipe for that problem?

Cheers, CM-Expat

The wanted/for sale part is the only bit i use and i cant get any use out of the search. I got a secondhand Surly Pugsley off this website. Basically you have keep looking a couple of times a day and scroll down through all the random items. I have seen quite a few things i would have bought if they were local. I personally wouldnt send any big baht by bank transfer and hope the seller posts me the frame or bike. Its not worth the risk. People are always posting photos and ID card info of sellers who have scammed them out of xx,xxxx baht. I met the seller, rode the bike to check it was ok, handed the cash over and pedalled off.

• 1 month later...

The wanted/for sale part is the only bit i use and i cant get any use out of the search. I got a secondhand Surly Pugsley off this website. Basically you have keep looking a couple of times a day and scroll down through all the random items. I have seen quite a few things i would have bought if they were local. I personally wouldnt send any big baht by bank transfer and hope the seller posts me the frame or bike. Its not worth the risk. People are always posting photos and ID card info of sellers who have scammed them out of xx,xxxx baht. I met the seller, rode the bike to check it was ok, handed the cash over and pedalled off.

It may filter a lot better option. But it is the safest indeed. You do not know if there is something wrong hidden. But when you tried it, you just know how you like it.

I've never bought anything, but I've sold 4 bikes, a wheelset and 2 groupsets on the site. Most buy without viewing as well, the only one that came to look and test first, was for my old Cervelo S5. One bike I packed up and shipped to Khon Kaen!