Klaus of Hatyai

Seastallion

I met a German guy named Klaus. He lives in the next soi along from me. He's been in his apartment for 4 years, and in Thailand for 10 years.

From the dead-end of my soi where I go for a ciggie, I daily see his apartment. Klaus waters his lovely looking pot plants on his balcony every day.

I have not seen Klaus for over a week. His lights are not on at night. There is a window wide open. His pot plants are dying.

I'm a bit concerned. Klaus appears to be a single guy and is retired.

Without breaching his privacy with too much detail, a brief description of what I know from what he's said to help find out if anyone knows him, and if so, is he OK;

He's tall...maybe 6'2 (185cm). He works out at the gym at the stadium (he LOOKS like he works out, and in his mid-60's he seems very fit and strong). He walks everywhere and has no bike. We live in the Nipatsongkraw 5 area. As said, he's been at this apartment for 4 years, Hatyai a bit longer, and Thailand 10 or 12 years.

The open window and the dying plants are the core of my concern.

He has spoken to me a little more of his background, but I will not mention anything here. It's all pretty normal stuff, but, well, privacy etc.

Ok...I went over there just now and spoke to the General Admiral Fieldmarshall security guy...he said the farang has only been away two days and has probably gone for a visa run. I politely rejected that and said I know he has been absent for over a week, and his plants are dying.....does the manager know if he's gone somewhere? A woman next to Field Marshall General Admiral Somchai rang the manager, who lives onsite and came to her balcony, and said with some certainty that he's gone to Bangkok.

So...all seems well.