US visa computer glitch to last 'until next week'

US visa computer glitch to last 'until next week'

WASHINGTON: -- A computer glitch that has halted all US visa applications is expected to remain until next week, a government spokesman said last night.

The global technical problem has hit business travellers who need a working visa, leaving them unable to fly.

In London, the US embassy in Grosvenor Square has not issued visas for more than a week, leaving business travellers who need a working visa unable to fly.

US State Department spokesman John Kirby said: "Our Bureau of Consular Affairs continues to experiences problems with the visa system. This is a global issue and we're working around the clock to fix it.

"That said, for all the hard work, don't expect the system will be on-line before next week."

Full story: http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/101773/us-visa-computer-glitch-to-last-until-next-week

-- Business Traveller 2015-06-19

Does anyone have any updated info on this glitch? I.e. Anyone that has gone for an interview since June 9th?

My wife's interview for Marriage CR1 visa is tomorrow morning, 24th. Their website says to still come to the interview if we filed our online application prior to June 8th. We applied in April, so no problem. But then it also says,,,,,,,"Cannot print visas"???? What exactly does that mean? If my wife goes tomorrow and they approve her visa,,,,,,but cannot print it. What are people being told?

Anyone know what they are telling people exiting interviews since this glitch popped up? My job in the USA is waiting for me and I cannot wait for a long time on an unknown.....and the prob with the marriage visa is that I have to go in with her, I cannot go ahead of her. This printing issue has me worried.

That means they may be able to approve her visa and tell her she's been approved, but they won't be able to print out the actual visa for her passport, and she's stuck in Thailand until that's done. Astonishing that the US visa system could be down for three weeks. Or more.

Edited by taxout