Want a reverse camera, but can they stuff up my Sat/Nav?

giddyup

I really feel that my Triton should have a reverse camera, but using the existing sat/nav screen as the monitor. However, I'm a little nervous about allowing the installers to pull out the monitor and attach whatever they have to so the screen comes on when reverse is engaged. The Mitsubishi dealership said they have had the odd problems with badly/incorrectly installed reverse cameras, which of course will void any warranty. Anyone had one successfully installed into their Triton?

Have got one on my Tuna. Had it fitted from new by Toyota garage, goes via the sat/nav screen never had a problem.

If Toyota can do it your Mitsu man must be able to. That's unless he is just covering his Butt in case he makes a mess up. Try another Mitsu garage.

N/B your right on getting one there a God sent when reversing.

Have got one on my Tuna. Had it fitted from new by Toyota garage, goes via the sat/nav screen never had a problem.

If Toyota can do it your Mitsu man must be able to. That's unless he is just covering his Butt in case he makes a mess up. Try another Mitsu garage.

N/B your right on getting one there a God sent when reversing.

Mitsu won't do it, in any branch, they consider it an aftermarket accessory. The work will be done at the Mitsu Service centre Jomtien, but by an outside company who come every day after 3 o'clock just to install accessories for customers, so the work is only guaranteed by the company who installs it (3 months), not by Mitsubishi.

Edited by giddyup

There's a place on Sukhumvit in Naklua called Boy Air and Sound that do all that type of installation. Very professional people.Their shop is located just before the Isuzu dealership coming from the 36 road onto Suk Rd heading for Pattaya.

There's a place on Sukhumvit in Naklua called Boy Air and Sound that do all that type of installation. Very professional people.Their shop is located just before the Isuzu dealership coming from the 36 road onto Suk Rd heading for Pattaya.

I know it well, they installed my reverse sensors and fitted the cover on the back of the Triton. I'm just wary of anyone pulling out the Sat nav screen to hook up the reverse camera. Things don't always go back together as they should. That's why I wanted Mitsubishi to do the job, and guarantee it.

Edited by giddyup

had one installed on my Triton , no problem whatsoever with the nav sat or dvd

Only the camera was of low quality and stopped working, after going back for the 3rd time they placed a better camera for free on my car.

Its just a simple plug in and the cables are already attached to your radio / dvd screen.

Good luck

had one installed on my Triton , no problem whatsoever with the nav sat or dvd

Only the camera was of low quality and stopped working, after going back for the 3rd time they placed a better camera for free on my car.

Its just a simple plug in and the cables are already attached to your radio / dvd screen.

Good luck

Where do they run the cables from the camera to the screen, under the vehicle or inside under carpets? Did they have to take the screen out to access the plugs you mentioned? You say say radio/dvd screen but my screen only has the DVD function (plus sat nav, usb etc), the radio is separate altogether.